The Student Room Group

Is it to late to apply for summer jobs?

as the title says is it too late to get a summer job?
Reply 1
No, companies are always recruiting, just keep on checking for new vacancies :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mav455
No, companies are always recruiting, just keep on checking for new vacancies :smile:

oh ok like shops, can i just turn up and ask tjhe staff /manager or do i need to do a formal application, if so wouldnt that take at least a month?
Original post by cchocolate
oh ok like shops, can i just turn up and ask tjhe staff /manager or do i need to do a formal application, if so wouldnt that take at least a month?

What you could do is hand your CV in to local shops, if and when a place comes up they'll call you. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Shops you can ask, and hand in your CV for any future vacancies, they probably will give you an application form if there are vacancies :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mini-Minion
What you could do is hand your CV in to local shops, if and when a place comes up they'll call you. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok so do i just include my gcses on the cv and my skills etc?
oh ok so do i just include my gcses on the cv and my skills etc?

Your CV should include some of your personal details (full name, email, mobile number) so they can contact you, a list of your grades (I did mine in a table format), maybe a small personal statement at the top outlining any skills you have, or volunteer work done.

You should also include 1/2 references (so their names and contact details). Try to make sure your CV is no longer than one side of a page :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest