The Student Room Group

Women "make me a sandwich"

Society has come to the stage where some things are messed up.

I was in a summer camp and me and some other guys were given a list of tasks that needed doing.

One of them involved lifting heavy huge logs, naturally as a man who has done this on numerous camps I thought without thinking I should do that along with the other guys.

The other list included preparing the food like sandwiches etc.
So I asked one of the girls in the camp if they wanted to do that since the logs were pretty huge and needed cutting, she said "sure" and smiled :smile: and I reckon she was flirting because she likes the idea of muscluar guys cutting wood etc, you know what I mean about preference.

Anyway a few seconds later another girl came over and said
"how sexist of you, you pig! Just because you are a man don't think we can't do it"

I was shocked to even say anything at this point, because I wasn't expecting such a response from someone who I didn't even ask to randomly butt in and it's been the harmless accepted norm for thousands of years.

The other girl said no it's fine I want to, but then the other said "no we need to stand up against men"

At this point, I said "**** it, i'll make my own sandwich and do the logs if you have such a big problem with it, even though I didn't ask you, and it says so on the list"

What is it with some of these militant feminist girls and women who hate men so much, I didn't even do anything wrong!

How can I go about in the future making sure something like this doesn't happen again???
And don't say do everything, since that list was huge, and I did many things already.

Edit the title is that more people read it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sandwiches taste infinitely nicer when you make them yourself, imo.
"Society has come to the stage where things are messed up"

Stopped reading
You take things way too seriously
Reply 4
I'd probably be more annoyed at grouping into guys and girls that asking the (apparently) already existing girls' group to do the tasks that you thought were more appropriate to their physical attributes.
I'd never be annoyed if somebody said "I'm stronger than you, do you want to do the less physically demanding tasks?" but I would be annoyed as hell about being excluded from their group because the guys and the girls were seen to need to stick together, separately from each other.

She was just being a nosy busybody.
Reply 5
Your picture is nemo.
" "no we need to stand up against men""

"Cool story sis, you go lift the logs and I'll make a sandwich k?"

Call her bluff, see where it gets her. If the logs are as heavy as you say then she'll be sitting on them within 5 minutes rather than lifting them. By which point you can go out to her and say "So... doesn't look like there's a whole lot of lifting going on here. FYI, my sandwich is the proverbial dogs' testis."
Say "sure i'll make you a sandwich", then put a log in it :colone:
feminists gonna feminist
Reply 9
Story sounds legit
I would prefer to make the sandwiches 'tis my forte

Well bitches be cray cray after all
Sounds like a weird summer camp
Reply 12
Original post by Drunk Punx
" "no we need to stand up against men""

"Cool story sis, you go lift the logs and I'll make a sandwich k?"

Call her bluff, see where it gets her. If the logs are as heavy as you say then she'll be sitting on them within 5 minutes rather than lifting them. By which point you can go out to her and say "So... doesn't look like there's a whole lot of lifting going on here. FYI, my sandwich is the proverbial dogs' testis."

:lol: Best response so far, i'll do that next time I see her :biggrin:
Isn't the whole women making sandwiches an American thing? It doesn't seem to have any basis in reality in this country.

That it's sexist, that anyone thinks of it or uses it mock women, that is.
Original post by Snagprophet
Isn't the whole women making sandwiches an American thing? It doesn't seem to have any basis in reality in this country.

That it's sexist, that anyone thinks of it or uses it mock women, that is.

fine...

make me a cornish pasty

OP - not a cool story, but i agreed with it
"nag nag nag"
Original post by kumon
How can I go about in the future making sure something like this doesn't happen again???

Don't assume women want to do food preparation and avoid physical tasks because they are women.

I know it's a radical perspective that women are people and are capable of being involved in decision-making, but try it out some time.

But given that this story most likely didn't happen, I'd say your surest course of action would be to not make up another story about girls being mean to you.
Original post by ottom
Sandwiches taste infinitely nicer when you make them yourself, imo.

Yh, when we spread the extra semen for that protein/ test boost.
Original post by betaglucowhat
Don't assume women want to do food preparation and avoid physical tasks because they are women.

I know it's a radical perspective that women are people and are capable of being involved in decision-making, but try it out some time.

But given that this story most likely didn't happen, I'd say your surest course of action would be to not make up another story about girls being mean to you.

The average man is stronger than the average woman and therefore it makes more sense to have men completing strenuous physical activity.

This isn't sexism, it's biology.

You can't argue with science.
It's just a bit of sexist fun usually from young immature guys. I don't think guys actually tell their girlfriends to make them sandwiches.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending