The Student Room Group

Volunteering Ideas

I would like to do an english degree possibly at cambridge and I'm wondering what volunteering/extra curricular activities could I do that will look good on an application?
Reply 1
You could volunteer at a school, participate in writing competitions, try writing articles for e.g. newspapers and magazines which you could mention in your Personal Statement. Also, offer to tutor kids in your school or the same age as you who are struggling with their English subjects.
TSR has a collection of Personal Statements somewhere, maybe you can look there for what Personal Statements Cambridge students should write .
Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mav455
You could volunteer at a school, participate in writing competitions, try writing articles for e.g. newspapers and magazines which you could mention in your Personal Statement. Also, offer to tutor kids in your school or the same age as you who are struggling with their English subjects.
TSR has a collection of Personal Statements somewhere, maybe you can look there for what Personal Statements Cambridge students should write .
Hope that helps! :smile:

Thanks, that's really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending