The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Can't find a thread anywhere for Unviersity of Nottingham 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd make one! What subjects are you all applying for?
---
Connect to University of Nottingham here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am hoping to apply for pharmacy, depending on my AS grades obviously!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Itsmonique

Awesome, what AS-Levels are you doing? What are the entry requirements?

I'm hoping to do law - Nottingham is one of the best law schools in the country. It looks so hard to get into, their entry requirements are higher than Oxford... but from what I hear, most people get made lower offers!
Original post by snikutsmullac
Awesome, what AS-Levels are you doing? What are the entry requirements?

I'm hoping to do law - Nottingham is one of the best law schools in the country. It looks so hard to get into, their entry requirements are higher than Oxford... but from what I hear, most people get made lower offers!

My AS subjects are Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and Sociology.
Entry requirements are AAB minimum at A-level, and a minimum grade A in Maths GCSE and grade B in English lang (but i got C in english!)

I'm really suprised they have higher entry requirements for law than Oxford :eek:

What AS subjects are you doing?
My AS subjects are Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and Sociology.
Entry requirements are AAB minimum at A-level, and a minimum grade A in Maths GCSE and grade B in English lang (but i got C in english!)

I'm really suprised they have higher entry requirements for law than Oxford :eek:

What AS subjects are you doing?

Sounds fairly reasonable for Pharmacy. I'm sure you'll do fine, from what I've heard Nottingham tend to make lower offers if applicants are really good in all other areas - you should be fine - what's one grade difference if the rest of your application is great?

Yup, Nottingham is A*AA, Oxford is AAA. Lots of pressure! Got a lot of work to next year :'(

My AS subjects were Human Biology, Chemistry, Law and History - not doing A2 Chem, it's the least relevant and I hate the subject!
Sounds fairly reasonable for Pharmacy. I'm sure you'll do fine, from what I've heard Nottingham tend to make lower offers if applicants are really good in all other areas - you should be fine - what's one grade difference if the rest of your application is great?

Yup, Nottingham is A*AA, Oxford is AAA. Lots of pressure! Got a lot of work to next year :'(

My AS subjects were Human Biology, Chemistry, Law and History - not doing A2 Chem, it's the least relevant and I hate the subject!

Aww, I love chemistry even though it can be challenging at times. My friend was also considering to do Law but she is still unsure. Instead of Human bio and Law, she's doing biology, english,psychology and history. She dropped AS chemistry within the first week of sixth form! She absolutely hates it! :tongue:
Aww, I love chemistry even though it can be challenging at times. My friend was also considering to do Law but she is still unsure. Instead of Human bio and Law, she's doing biology, english,psychology and history. She dropped AS chemistry within the first week of sixth form! She absolutely hates it! :tongue:

This is why I picked A-Level law even though universities don't necessarily like it - I'm not signing up for a £9,000 a year degree when I don't know if I like the subject! Your friend sounds like shes doing good A-Levels for Law though!

A-Level Chem is ridiculous... When I was at secondary school, I loved it and it was my best subject (A* at GCSE) - moved somewhere else after school, hated the teacher, it made me kinda lose my enthusiasm and interest in the subject. Up until I started at where I am now, I was gonna do medicine but I've been put off Chemistry for life... so law it is!
Yeah I completely agree! I was supposed to have only two teachers for chemistry throughout yr 12, but we always had a change of timetable and different teachers. It was so fustrating that the majority of people want to drop chemistry in year 13.
Yeah I completely agree! I was supposed to have only two teachers for chemistry throughout yr 12, but we always had a change of timetable and different teachers. It was so fustrating that the majority of people want to drop chemistry in year 13.

Sounds irritating, I do find that teachers actually make or break the subject, so to speak. If you're teacher(s) are useless then it ruins it. The person who "taught" me for Chemistry only had one person get above a U last year!
Sounds irritating, I do find that teachers actually make or break the subject, so to speak. If you're teacher(s) are useless then it ruins it. The person who "taught" me for Chemistry only had one person get above a U last year!

Wow, well it's a good thing we only have one teacher next year, who is literally a chemistry encyclopedia
Can't find a thread anywhere for Unviersity of Nottingham 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd make one! What subjects are you all applying for?

:wavey: I am! I'm applying for Ancient History. I'm so excited to apply. I can't visit, but I've watched videos and stalked the website. Notts is my favourite.
Original post by Coffeetime
:wavey: I am! I'm applying for Ancient History. I'm so excited to apply. I can't visit, but I've watched videos and stalked the website. Notts is my favourite.

If all goes well, nottingham will be my firm and leicester my insurance. It seems a really good uni from all of my research - it's russel group isn't it?
If all goes well, nottingham will be my firm and leicester my insurance. It seems a really good uni from all of my research - it's russel group isn't it?

It is indeed! I looked at Leicester, but they don't offer Ancient History alone. Where else are you looking to apply?
It is indeed! I looked at Leicester, but they don't offer Ancient History alone. Where else are you looking to apply?

What do they do it with?

Nottingham
Kings College London
Leicester
East Anglia
Anglia Ruskin/Lincoln/De monfort (want one university which is easy to get into in case something goes tits up next year)

You?
(edited 9 years ago)
What do they do it with?

Nottingham
Kings College London
Leicester
East Anglia
Anglia Ruskin/Lincoln/De monfort (want one university which is easy to get into in case something goes tits up next year)

You?

They offer it with archeology or regular history. I wouldn't be completely against either one of those, but I'd prefer doing just straight ancient history. My picks are:

Nottingham
Newcastle
Bristol
Reading
Leeds/Cardiff/Liverpool/Royal Holloway

I'm really unsure about the last one. I love the course at KCL, but I just don't know about living in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They offer it with archeology or regular history. I wouldn't be completely against either one of those, but I'd prefer doing just straight ancient history. My picks are:

Nottingham
Newcastle
Bristol
Reading
Leeds/Cardiff/Liverpool/Royal Holloway

I'm really unsure about the last one. I love the course at KCL, but I just don't know about living in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm based around east anglia, and I don't want to go to one that's absolutely ages away - luckily there are a few fairly decent places within a few hours of my house.

They all sound like good choices - I'm a bit apprehensive about living in london as well, especially since KCL is central london - I don't know if I'll like the hustle and bustle all of the time :-l
I'm based around east anglia, and I don't want to go to one that's absolutely ages away - luckily there are a few fairly decent places within a few hours of my house.

They all sound like good choices - I'm a bit apprehensive about living in london as well, especially since KCL is central london - I don't know if I'll like the hustle and bustle all of the time :-l

Aside from that, I've read in multiple places that the area it's situated in is the most dangerous uni location.

Hey me too! What made you interested in Nottingham? For me I'm confused between Nottingham/Huddersfield/Manchester. I'll defo be applying to Bradford, DMU and UCLan. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aside from that, I've read in multiple places that the area it's situated in is the most dangerous uni location.

Oh, well as long as you're not out in dark alleyways at 3 in the morning, can't be that bad surely? There must be decent security in student accommodation?
Oh, well as long as you're not out in dark alleyways at 3 in the morning, can't be that bad surely? There must be decent security in student accommodation?

That's the problem. I wouldn't be living in student accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply