The Student Room Group

No money

I would like to know if anyone has any advice for me.

Basically due to not receiving a large student finance loan, not having a job, and my parents not being able to/willing to make up for the lack of loan, I am completely broke. I can't pay my rent for my uni house over summer and I am just waiting for the landlord to notice. I have used up the last of my money travelling around to job interviews with no success.

Does anyone have any advice with any options for someone in this situation, can't go on benefits as I'm in full time education so I feel doomed :frown:
Reply 1
Do you have a student bank account? If so could you see about getting an overdraft extension if you haven't already? Are you possibly able to move in with your family over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
He's dope, he knows that but he's broke :music:
Original post by gemmam
Do you have a student bank account? If so could you see about getting an overdraft extension if you haven't already? Are you possibly able to move in with your family over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

House contacts are a year long almost always so they'd have pay rent regardless.
Reply 4
Original post by Hippokrates
House contacts are a year long almost always so they'd have pay rent regardless.

Ah I see. I never lived in student accommodation so didn't realise this sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It's funny, I remember back one year when daddy had no money mommy wrapped the christmas presents up and stuck 'em under the tree and said some of them were from me, 'cause daddy couldn't buy 'em I'll never forget that Christmas I sat up the whole night crying, 'cause daddy felt like a bum, see daddy had a job but his job was to keep the food on the table for you and mom :music:
Reply 6
Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you go about getting extensions?
Original post by Tigger46

You ask them and you sign a form. It's done in 10 minutes.
Reply 8
Original post by Pectorac
You ask them and you sign a form. It's done in 10 minutes.

What is the interest like on them?
What is the interest like on them?

Student accounts and overdrafts don't have any interest.
Reply 10
Original post by Pectorac
Student accounts and overdrafts don't have any interest.

Even if you go over the proposed amount? Seems too good to be true
Reply 11

Guess it depends on the bank but I'm with Lloyds and I just went in branch and asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Santander said 1500 is the max. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending