The Student Room Group

Worries are taking over me

Don't really know where to start, so apologies if this is a long post! Hope someone sticks it out and helps!

me and boyfriend have been together over 3 years now. Very much in love and happy but don't live together, both still at home with parents. I see him often but he is now looking for work after finishing his degree. He isn't aiming particularly high and I try so hard to encourage him to go for something better than what he is going for! But he won't listen to me, or it seems he won't... It really upsets me as I am ambitious in what I want to do and I am on the right track for it. But he just doesn't share my view in his own career. How can I persuade him to aim higher and be ambitious? There isn't anything he is really interested in but I know he can get a decent job if he tried.

now, next problem! I have a job over the summer (full time) until my next placement. Me and the boyfriend wanted to try and get away for some time during the hols as I've had a long stressful year on a PGCE course. Obviously, this won't really be able to happen now due to my temping work. I'm worrying now I won't see him and we may drift apart... We are wanting to move out together but obviously can't afford that yet without full time jobs etc so seeing each other as much as possible is the only way we stay happy with everything! How can I stop worrying about this? Anyone have any suggestions?

again, sorry for the long post. This has just been upsetting me for weeks now and I'm fed up of bickering etc about everything. Has anyone been or going through the same or similar thing? I need help, advice... I can't have my mind set like this :frown:

please help someone!!! Xx
Reply 1
A job is a job. In the current job market you should be pleased at whatever he gets.

Someone with a degree working as a cashier might be a little daunting and disappointing - but when you look at the amount of graduates that are unemployed or currently working in far lower capacities than expected then you might change your tune!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending