The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

motorbike on campus

Hi all.

I have a small motorbike that I need to bring with me to UNI and park it on Campus.I am working in north east London and commuting by public transport is not an option. Can I chain my bike to railing or post. I intend to keep it out of everyone's way so I do not see the problem but just wanted to confirm that this is ok.

Pascal
Reply 1
If you still have learner plates im not sure how easy it is to get to and from north london while avoiding motorway. If your accomodation has parking then you will be able to park it outside. There may be a car park in Egham where you can get a permit to keep your bike there, im not sure. However i would not recommend chaining it to anything.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by menor95
Hi all.

I have a small motorbike that I need to bring with me to UNI and park it on Campus.I am working in north east London and commuting by public transport is not an option. Can I chain my bike to railing or post. I intend to keep it out of everyone's way so I do not see the problem but just wanted to confirm that this is ok.

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

As you are living off of campus you may be able to park your motorbike on campus in an allocated parking space, provided you have a parking permit.

You’ll need to obtain a parking permit from the Security Office located opposite reception.

You will not be able to chain your motorbike to a railing or post that isn't an allocated motorbike parking space.

Thanks,

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest