The Student Room Group

will i grow more at 17 please help me

im 17 year old male and 5'4 and i want to grow to 5'8 0r 5'7 my parents are both 5'2 but my older sister is 5'7 and my cousins are all tall even the ones with short parents both my parents have tall brothers, i had a growth spurt at 14 where i grew 5 inches and i thing i grew two inches one year but since the beginning ohigh school ive only been growing a quarter to a half an inch a year will i grow more please help thankyou to all that answer
hiya! It all really depends on your body tbh. If you're drinking enough milk and sleeping enough, you'll grow. Hope that helps...but I think guys grow up until 21 (I believe) so DW!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Don't worry :smile: You will grow! I know lots of 17 years old guys that are below 4'10 and they had fairy dust or something cause some of them grew freakishly tall in like two months. Just like the answer above, I've always been told that sleeping will help you grow. Every person is different though and it just takes time, but it will happen! Always think positive and drink lots of milk, eat yogurt, get plenty of vitamin D and increase your zinc intake through natural foods. Stay away from processed foods (and I know how tempting they can be but if your a food junk junkie, then just try and lower the intake of processed) and remember to stand straight! It sounds silly but standing straighter helps your back from developing kyphosis (hunchback) in your later years which can obviously affect how tall you are. When you slouch, pretend someone's pulling the top of your hair :P and if you really want to grow fast, visit your doctor and ask for advice. Best of luck!!! :h:
You will! One of my friends was like 5'6/5'7 now he's like 5'9/5'10!!
Reply 4
thanks alot to everyone that answered
some people told me i was done but this gives me hope

Quick Reply

Latest