The Student Room Group

Unaware of what ACCA is all about? Want to study ACCA?..HELP thread!!!

Deciding on what direction you want your life to take is hard. Working out how you are going to get there can be even harder!

Do you know that you can pursue a qualification high and rich in demand in the current career and business world and market place?

Accounting and Finance is the one and only career choice where you can work in different career fields which open you a wide range of opportunities in the work place.
Pursuing an education in accounting and finance is very valuable and worth in the current place. To pursue a qualification in accounting and finance is very worthwhile. An accountant plays a vital role in the society.

Why I chose Accountancy?

I would love to share some facts about why I chose this course.
I was learning AS Level. I did biology, chemistry and maths. Thereafter, I decided to go to university. I knew I couldn't afford for a degree when I looked through the fees. I searched for many alternatives to degrees. I also thought it should be much more worthy than a degree and which also gave me a career choice where I can earn more and go to senior level positions. I was told about ACCA from my relations. I found it also challenging to take commerce field course as I had no accountancy background at all. I thought I could manage with maths. But, I was guided clearly and I am learning ACCA which I find really enjoyable and interesting.I found it very much affordable. I also get a degree certificate from Oxford Brookes University. When I cannot afford for a degree I still get a degree certificate from a highly reputed university whilst completing the second level of ACCA. It not only brought back my respect but fulfilled all my desires to be successful.

So, wouldn't it be great if their was a career choice

1) That gave you lots of opportunities

2) The chance of career and professional development and personal growth

3) Variety in terms of the types and sizes of organisations you could work with

4) A career which could provide you with responsible and prestige because it is vital to every business
Not only these benefits, but the major point is that all organisations need professionals who understand finance, talented people who can help make the business a success. And professional accountants play a vital role in wider society too. They provide real value by giving businesses and individuals the confidence to invest, and that in turn, allows countries, organisations and, most importantly, people, the opportunity to realise their potential.
Definitely you cannot say no. Then why wait? Consider a career in accountancy.

Many of you wouldn't be aware of what ACCA is. It is the acronym for Association of Charted Certified Accountant. It is a professional qualification. You might wonder what is the difference between pursuing a bachelor's degree and of the professional qualification.Well, here it is - Even if you consider to do a bachelor's degree in accountancy you have to gain a professional qualification, too. It could be either ACCA,CIMA,ICAEW or even many more.ACCA is considered more popular amongst others because many population currently pursue all other qualification so now ACCA is placed the top and would be much more preferred by employers today.But, why ACCA is seen more significant is that it is popular among the others and highly preferable to the employers. Whilst completing the second level in the ACCA course you obtain a degree certificate offered by Oxford Brookes University called BSc.Applied Accounting.ACCA is an alternative route to accountancy and finance degree.

Insights to the core of ACCA

1) You don't have to waste and spend a huge amount of money to the degree whereas ACCA is very and really affordable to all.

2) ACCA course is completed thus in only two and a half years full-time.

3) In this period, whilst completed ACCA you will have your professional qualification and a degree, dual qualification in your hand at the same time.

4) Employee’s can choose to study part-time and on week days can go to work as usual.

5) They who pursue ACCA also gain the relevant work experience and get the qualification simultaneously.

6) Whereas in a degree you may have to learn during week-days. You can learn ACCA during weekends and weekdays, too.

7) It will be difficult to adjust with your job timings when doing a degree and trying to work in a job.

8) ACCA is very much respected and recognised around the globe as it is a global qualification.

9) Pursuing ACCA you will have the choice of working in manydifferent financial roles and at senior levels within an organisation quickerthan pursuing rather a degree.

10) You have ten years time limit to complete your ACCA course of 14 papers part-time as it is very flexible.

11) Study and work wherever your career path to take you because ACCA is recognised and valued around the world.

12)Flexibilityis key when it comes to gaining ACCA Qualification, with different starting points, study methods to choose from and choice when it comes to when and where you gain your relevant on-the-job training,

13) ACCA has a network of 83 offices around the world, so you can rely on the services and support you would expect to receive from a global organisation.

14) ACCA has only three levels which is to complete. Altogether there are 14 papers to gain the ACCA Qualification. With just passing the 14 papers, getting 3 years work experience and completing the professional ethics module of ACCA, you will be getting your ACCA Membership.

15) After gaining the ACCA Membership, wherever you travel you are guaranteed of a gaining a job in any country for the respect and gravity of the course.

16) The first year of ACCA is just 6 months and not one year as in a degree.

17) You gain a degree from a highly recognised university in ACCA

Entry Level of ACCA course.

You can begin ACCA right after IGCSE and also A-Level. Beginning the course at either stage you end up in the same track as you gain exemptions from papers. Students who join ACCA right after IGCSE do foundations in accountancy. Once they are complete and pass the papers, they join the second level of ACCA directly and are exempted from the first level. Whereas students learning ACCA after A-Level begin with the first level right away. Students who have a degree already pursued and wish to do ACCA get exempted from the first two levels that is they do not need to sit for 9 papers of ACCA. They have to only sit for the final level of ACCA examination which is called the professional level.

What is the Professional Ethic Module?

It is an online ethics module which must be completed before, at the same time, or soon after you become eligible to sit Paper P1, (the first professional level paper)
You also need to complete this to achieve the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business and the BSc degree awarded by Oxford Brookes University.

Certification on the progress of ACCA

After successfully completing

. The first level of ACCA or the foundations in accountancy level you gain the certificate titled - Diploma in Accounting and Business

. The second level of ACCA you gain certificates titled - Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business , BSc Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University

. The third level of ACCA you gain the ACCA graduated certification and ACCA Membership

The BPP University Resources and Materials to study ACCA/FIA is here- Study with me

For more information about the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant go - Assocation of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)

So, what are you thinking of? Begin the Association of Charted Certified Accountant professional qualification now and end up making your dreams come true!

Written by Kershana
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shooks
x

My thread created
Original post by Sena5
My thread created

Hopefully you'll be able to advise some people soon :h:.
Reply 3
Original post by DammyA
please does anyone knows about BLake hall college in London, I need to study ACCA and am looking for a cheap and very good college to study in UK london.
ANY IDEA PLEASE ?

According to the listings of ACCA approved tuition provider, Blake Hall College is a gold approved institute.
For fees contact or visit the university website itself.
Difference between Platinum/Gold Approved is, if it is Platinum it is an institute which will make you pass the ACCA papers for sure whereas Gold Approved institutes will ensure your pass marks are more than a particular range higher than 50% which is the original pass mark for each ACCA paper.
You could find the list of approved ACCA institutes in London and whether they are gold or platinum by seeing below:
Key Platinum = P , Gold = G

1)BPP Professional Education - Online Classroom Live [P]
www.bpp.com/locations/loc/online-classroom-live

2)BPP University Limited - Distance Learning [P]
3)BPP University Ltd - London, Procter House [P]
www.bpp.com

4)First Intuition - London [P]
www.firstintuition.co.uk

5)Kaplan Financial - London [P]
www.kaplanfinancial.co.uk

6)Blake Hall College [G]
www.blakehallcollege.co.uk

7)City of London College [G]
www.clc-london.ac.uk

8)Goldsmith International Business School [G]
www.goldsmithibs.com

9)Greenwich London College [G]
www.greenwichlondoncollege.co.uk

10)Hammersmith Management College [G]
www.hmclondon.com

11)Interlink College of Technology and Business Studies [G]
http://interlinkcollege.co.uk/

12)London College of Accountancy - London [G]
www.londoncollege.org

13)London School of Business & Finance - London [G]
www.lsbf.org.uk

14)London South Bank University [G]
www.lsbu.ac.uk

15)South London College [G]
www.southlondoncollege.co.uk

16)University of Westminster [G]
www.wmin.ac.uk

17)West London Business College [G]
www.wlbc-uk.com

18)Williams College [G]
www.williamscollege.co.uk

19)Anglia Ruskin University [G]
www.anglia.ac.uk
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Love4All
ACCA- just another dream
Hi guys

I’ve been crying all day, and please don’t criticise me, basically the reason why I have been crying is that I missed out an huge chance, I always wanted to become an chartered accountant, but had no idea how to come one, apart from the fact that I only knew that there was accounting degree but still people don’t become chartered accountants with BSC honour degree.

I’ve recently found out about ACCA 1 year back and now am currently studying law, I will be gradating next year but I feel terribly sad because I just wasted my time doing law, instead had it been the fact that I knew that I can become a fully qualified chartered accountant with ACCA, I would have went for this course straightaway. Am regretting every minute now, when I was in school, there was no one to guide me about my career, so I just randomly chose law. What shall I do now, if I go for ACCA now, it would take me 2-3 years to complete. I really don’t know what to do, I’ve just messed my life up. :'(

so is it possible if i can do ACCA part-time with my degree that am currently doing or will it be too difficult. thanks

You can find all the relevant details here.

Check out the exemptions you could get here- www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-students/qualifications/exemptions_userguide_september.pdf

You do not have to begin ACCA from the first level. You could see your exemptions by looking at the link provided here.:yep:
If you have any further queries just let me know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by georginagulliver
i'm interested in studying accountancy at university, but i'm not entirely sure what to look for in a course and what jobs can come out of a degree in accountancy? can someone give me the low down on what i can do do with an accountancy degree?
my business teacher told me something about AAT and CIMA accountancy but i can't remember what she said, now i'm confused

Great that your interested!
Your accountancy career.
ACCA's Competency Framework lists and explains The sectors you can work in and the Roles available to you in finance. It also details how you can progress towards working in each sector and role.
ACCA is more to deal with finance.
Choosing ACCA in my opinion is good.
You will know why if you read the main first post.
Reply 6
Original post by TM1122
is it easy to get

It would be easy if you try hard. Can you further elaborate your question for me to help you out.
Reply 7
Original post by Phi0111
I understand that i should now know what i am interested in taking as a course in university, as AS has finished. However, i am so unsure of what i REALLY want to do and where i want to go for this. I currently am studying Maths, Geography, Economics and Philosophy and Ethics in the aspiration of being able to work with numbers - possibly in finance. Currently there have been courses such as Actuarial science, Management and several more that have interested me, but apart from the course structure i don't have much insight into what these courses are like.

ANY HELP???

You could read the above main first post and decide when comparing with the other courses you are choosing.
Just take a look into it.
Reply 8
Original post by intermas7
I have graduate last summer 2013 with degree in Engineering. I am working as a graduate engineer in a small engineering company and is thinking to change to a career in finance as an analyst. One question they will ask me is why I wanna change? I need some advice on this question, please :smile: thank you. any advice is well appreciated.

You may have a look at this.
Reply 9
Original post by sinkh0l3
Hi all,
Any chance someone here could explain to me the main difference between an Accounting Degree and an Accounting and Finance Degree?
I want to be an auditor and am currently choosing my 5 UCAS choices as back ups to the school leaver schemes.
Also any chance anyone is studying either degree at Lancaster, Manchester, Liverpol, Salford, Manchester Metropolitan, UCLAN, or Liverpool John Moores? If so, what do you think of the course?

Cheers :biggrin:

Just take a look at the above main first post.
That would be much helpful.
Reply 10
Original post by Zohal
I am really confused and don't know what to do. I am currently studying AS French which I find hard and boring, Double Applied Science which is about researching and writing assignments all the time then doing two exams at the end of the year, and AS Subsidiary Diploma Business which is actually like a BTEC but somehow counted as AS.
I didnt know what I wanted to do when I first started college that is why I chose a mix of different subjects.I enjoy business as I find it interesting and want to go to University to study a business related course such as accounting or business management.
However UCAS are expecting grades such as AAB for A levels and DDD (Distinctions) for BTEC. I have not really had a good year and I am expecting EE for science, D for French and a pass for business.

Shall I progress onto A2 and complete the full A level for science and business or shall I redo my AS year in another college or shall I do a full BTEC course for business as the AS subsidiary is not always accepted.

I dont really want to do a foundation degree at University or Apprenticeship.

Any advice would be useful please :smile:

You could retake you AS-Level.
If not I suggest you to read the first post of this thread which will boost your confidence.
Reply 11
Original post by Chemhistorian
Hi guys,

I understand that ACCA is the internationally recognized chartered accountancy body, but is it absolutely necessary to train through them to allow for the possibility to work abroad?

Short term I'd have certainly thought it was necessary, but long term would practical experience make the actual qualification and its specific details a redundant factor to an overseas employer?

Or do you at all know if it's easy enough to simply 'transfer' to the ACCA body? I'd have thought there's be a lot of exam exceptions if I had the ICAEW ACA qualification. I ask this as most on the job training vacancies offer ACA (correct me if I'm wrong though!)

Thanks for any advice :smile:

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/exemptions.html

In order to work out what exemptions you may be eligible for, you can access our Exemptions Database through the following link. This page also includes information on our Exemptions policy that you will find useful.

The link is: http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/exemptions.html

Original post by Chemhistorian
If I was going to work abroad one day it'd be Canada or the USA (most likely Canada). As for which area, at the moment I can't say I have any idea. I have recently registered for the CFAB so I can show on my CV I have the dedication to become an accountant (I also decided to start self studying as I have a 2.2 degree so showing the dedication is a little more important) - maybe it was a little hasty to jump straight in with ICAEW, but if it turns out I'd get a load of exemptions for ACCA I wouldn't mind too much, and if I do have to change I'm not too bothered about wasting the money on signing up for the CFAB anyway, if it keeps the door for overseas work open.

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/getting-started.html

The website has all the information that you need to get started with ACCA and we have created a page where you can browse information about the qualification. This is located at the following link:
http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/getting-started.html
On the right hand side of this page you will find links that are relevant to people just starting off with ACCA.
Reply 12
Original post by gshova
Just to give an overview. I'm planning to study for each of the exams, using weekend taught courses at BPP. As I have no exemptions and a non-relevant degree, I first need to take F1-3.

So what time difference do people usually have between learning course materials and taking the relevant exams. I am thinking that I will take the courses from September to January for the 3 above modules, and do computer based exams for the three of them in February or March. Does this approach make sense?

Also is it recommended/necessary to complete Foundations in Professionalism to progress with the qualification.

Finally, when do people start to consider completing performance objectives. Is this something that is usually considered near the start of the qualification or is it generally more spread out. The reason that I ask this is that there are some that I have arguably achieved already, but I would imagine it unusual to submit this before starting any courses/taking any exams.

Thanks for any help, and apologies if these are stupid questions.

So what time difference do people usually have between learning course materials and taking the relevant exams?

I do not know but it would be sensible to co-ordinate your tuition with the dates that intend to attempt exams. Paper based examinations are available in June and December. Computer-based examinations (CBE) are available from learning partners throughout the year.

I am thinking that I will take the courses from September to January for the 3 above modules, and do computer based exams for the three of them in February or March. Does this approach make sense?

Yes it makes sense. Please be advised that you should not book any tuition until you have had confirmation that you are fully registered with ACCA.

Also is it recommended/necessary to complete Foundations in Professionalism to progress with the qualification.

If you wish to obtain the Diploma in Accounting and Business certificate it will be necessary to complete Foundations in Professionalism.

Finally, when do people start to consider completing performance objectives. Is this something that is usually considered near the start of the qualification or is it generally more spread out. The reason that I ask this is that there are some that I have arguably achieved already, but I would imagine it unusual to submit this before starting any courses/taking any exams.

I would advise that you claim and have performance objectives verified when you obtain the relevant competence.
Reply 13
Original post by ShadowyPrincess
Hi all, im thinking about accountancy as a possible career path after my degree (which is unrelated but from my understanding this is not a massive barrier, I also have an a*, a and 2b's along with an a* extended project qualification and a c at as level biology so I have plenty of ucas points)

I am very good at problem solving and critical thinking, however my math skills are a bit rusty. I achieved a B at GCSE however this was after quite a bit of hard work, the main areas I struggled with were areas however I presume you would not need as an accountant such as trigonometry? I was just wondering really exactly how important maths is when your an accountant, im good at basic numeracy it was just always the higher level stuff that I struggled with

I am looking after I graduate this year to take a year out and try and get some experience at some local accountancy firms just to make sure this is the right decision for me before I fully commit to anything (I do have experience in budgeting for a society and in my previous job helped process invoices and keep track of accounts, I know this is very low level stuff and not entirely related but I found a satisfaction with organising and controlling money and would like to take this further) and then I presume I would have to find a job at a company that would support me in taking the related exams?

td:lr Any advice about either entering accountancy with a non-related degree and information about how important maths is would be very helpful!

Thanks

Accountancy is not only to do with Maths but also includes various other study areas.
http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/glance/acca/details.html

You may wish to view the course details that are available online at http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/glance/acca/details.html

I would advise that you view the course details before proceeding with ACCA registration and/or tuition.
Reply 14
Original post by Hardmetal
Hello guys.

I have studied level 3 AAT. Im now thinking to start studying ACCA.

Can anyone please give me advice on how acca works such as the exams fees, and study method.

Can you study ACCA at home with just the books and past papers or is it necessary to enrol on the course.

How long does ACCA take to complete?

And is ACCA very difficult?

Anyone who has studied ACCA or is studying please give me some advice.

Can anyone please give me advice on how acca works such as the exams fees, and study method.

Here is a link to access our Tuition Providers Database. You will be able to search using multiple criteria to find the Tuition Provider that best fits your learning style.
http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/study-revision/learning-providers/search-for-a-tuition-provider.html
There is also a guide on this page that will help you search for an appropriate Tuition Provider.
You can find all of our important dates and fees at the following link:
http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/getting-started/dates-and-fees.html

Can you study ACCA at home with just the books and past papers or is it necessary to enrol on the course.

Students are not under any obligation to undertake tuition.

How long does ACCA take to complete?

ACCA students are permitted up to 10 years to complete their examinations.

And is ACCA very difficult?

ACCA is a professional qualification that some people would consider to be very difficult.
Reply 15
Original post by Isco
Hi everyone! :smile:

I recently completed a degree that was completely unrelated to finance/accounting (engineering) and I would like to get my ACCA qualification. I'm 24 and I work full-time but as I have already spent three years doing my other degree I'll attempt to complete this as quickly as is feasible.

My question is, how much difficulty might I face getting a job anywhere after qualifying as I have no work experience in finance or accounting? I've seen it mentioned numerous times that employers don't look favourably on this but there isn't really another way I can do it so I'm quite confused.

I also wanted to know if anyone thought it was really worth doing the AAT first rather than jumping straight into the ACCA?

Would be grateful for any help!

Isco

Having a professional qualification will enhance your career prospects. Exemptions maybe available to AAT graduates. In order to work out what exemptions you may be eligible for, you can access our Exemptions Database through the following link. This page also includes information on our Exemptions policy that you will find useful. The link is:

Reply 16
Original post by ahmed314
i m going to appear in A level exams in nov/dec ........ so afterwards i have decided to do AC-CA frm london ..... my question is that it will be worthful of doing AC-CA frm London aur nt bcz i have heard humors that doing AC CA frm London will never let u to get a job as i will be consider an international student in London and my family is taking a huge financial risk for me so i dnt want to be any big trouble so anybody can guide me that frm which country and institution i shall go for the AC-CA ......... ???????

Learn ACCA at BPP University. You can work part time 20 hours per week as an International student.

Look at the main posts and look through this thread.

Just beneath my first main post I have posted the institutes in London.

But, at your case I reckon you BPP university because other univerisites do not allow to work part time with ACCA studies when being an international student.
Original post by Sena5
Learn ACCA at BPP University. You can work part time 20 hours per week as an International student.

Look at the main posts and look through this thread.

Just beneath my first main post I have posted the institutes in London.

But, at your case I reckon you BPP university because other univerisites do not allow to work part time with ACCA studies when being an international student.

Hi, i want to gain an ACCA qualification and a Bsc degree from Oxford Brooks university. which institution is the best to study ACCA. I heard BPP and LSBF are the most reputable. I am just waiting for my a level results and i am considering this path instead of a A&F degree to become a qualified accountant. Also how do i apply for ACCA?. I want to work for one of the big 4 in the future. Is this possible with the ACCA+Oxford Brooks pathway instead of a degree. Thank you
Reply 18
Original post by mhassan
Hi, i want to gain an ACCA qualification and a Bsc degree from Oxford Brooks university. which institution is the best to study ACCA. I heard BPP and LSBF are the most reputable. I am just waiting for my a level results and i am considering this path instead of a A&F degree to become a qualified accountant. Also how do i apply for ACCA?. I want to work for one of the big 4 in the future. Is this possible with the ACCA+Oxford Brooks pathway instead of a degree. Thank you

That's great!
In order to gain the BSc Degree you have to complete the first 2 levels of ACCA which consists of 9 fundamental papers (F1-F9).
You can study at both universities. BPP is approved by ACCA and LSBF isn't approved institute by ACCA.
Most institutes do not allow to work part-time for professional qualifications for international students outside EU.
BPP allows students to work part-time which is unique about it. But, if you are from the Europe continent you can work part-time as well. I cannot put down any institutes but, you may choose the best one of your choice. There is a thread here of the discussion - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1374724

You can begin ACCA with GCSE. If you complete with foundations of ACCA successfully you get exempted with the first level of ACCA and then join with the 2nd level of ACCA.
If you have A-Levels you join with the first level and once after completing it successfully you begin with the second level as well. So, joining with GCSE or A-Level ends up in the same track of progress.:yep:
I suggest it's better to begin with foundations of ACCA as it's easier to progress when learning for higher levels of ACCA as you will have the basic knowledge of accountancy.
Check for exemptions go here - http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/portal/exempt-userguide.pdf

To apply you have to register online to ACCA website, or as your going to universities approved by ACCA they would do it for you students. If your university isn't approved it's better you have to register online yourself. Or register online yourself and when joining the university make sure you tell them you have registered to ACCA online already. Then everything would be fine. Contact them inquiring about registering at ACCA. Ask them if it's better if you should register online or they would do it.
Anyways the link to registering online to ACCA and for further information go - http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/apply-now.html

Yes, it is very possible. To be a qualified accountant even accounting degree holders have to take a professional qualification. Instead going straight with this qualification is the best route as you will gain a degree from a high university, Oxford Brookes University. There are plenty of resources to prove it is possible to work for one of the Big 4.
https://www.accacareers.com/career_centre/how-valuable-is-big-4-experience/
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/can-acca-students-get-into-big-4-a-3229339.html
http://www.accaglobal.com/an/en/employer/getting-started.html
http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-discover/2012/accreditation-status.pdf
http://www2.accaglobal.com/databases/pressandpolicy/caribbean/3163848
https://www.facebook.com/ACCA.Official/posts/10151521490641776
http://accountancy.bppeloqua.com/acca-did-you-pass?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ACCA%20-%20Research
https://www.accacareers.com/career_centre/big-4-aptitude-tests-2/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5
That's great!
In order to gain the BSc Degree you have to complete the first 2 levels of ACCA which consists of 9 fundamental papers (F1-F9).
You can study at both universities. BPP is approved by ACCA and LSBF isn't approved institute by ACCA.
Most institutes do not allow to work part-time for professional qualifications for international students outside EU.
BPP allows students to work part-time which is unique about it. But, if you are from the Europe continent you can work part-time as well. I cannot put down any institutes but, you may choose the best one of your choice. There is a thread here of the discussion - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1374724

You can begin ACCA with GCSE. If you complete with foundations of ACCA successfully you get exempted with the first level of ACCA and then join with the 2nd level of ACCA.
If you have A-Levels you join with the first level and once after completing it successfully you begin with the second level as well. So, joining with GCSE or A-Level ends up in the same track of progress.:yep:
I suggest it's better to begin with foundations of ACCA as it's easier to progress when learning for higher levels of ACCA as you will have the basic knowledge of accountancy.
Check for exemptions go here - http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/portal/exempt-userguide.pdf

To apply you have to register online to ACCA website, or as your going to universities approved by ACCA they would do it for you students. If your university isn't approved it's better you have to register online yourself. Or register online yourself and when joining the university make sure you tell them you have registered to ACCA online already. Then everything would be fine. Contact them inquiring about registering at ACCA. Ask them if it's better if you should register online or they would do it.
Anyways the link to registering online to ACCA and for further information go - http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/apply-now.html

Yes, it is very possible. To be a qualified accountant even accounting degree holders have to take a professional qualification. Instead going straight with this qualification is the best route as you will gain a degree from a high university, Oxford Brookes University. There are plenty of resources to prove it is possible to work for one of the Big 4.
https://www.accacareers.com/career_centre/how-valuable-is-big-4-experience/
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/can-acca-students-get-into-big-4-a-3229339.html
http://www.accaglobal.com/an/en/employer/getting-started.html
http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-discover/2012/accreditation-status.pdf
http://www2.accaglobal.com/databases/pressandpolicy/caribbean/3163848
https://www.facebook.com/ACCA.Official/posts/10151521490641776
http://accountancy.bppeloqua.com/acca-did-you-pass?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ACCA%20-%20Research
https://www.accacareers.com/career_centre/big-4-aptitude-tests-2/

Thank you for your reply!. what does it mean when a university is approved by ACCA?. Does this mean that BPP is more prestigious and respected among firms as it is ACCA approved as opposed to a regular institution such as LSBF. I also read your previous posts on platinum and gold institutions, what does this mean?. I have also been told by various people that experience is extremely important to become an accountant. How do i go about gaining this experience and can i study for the ACCA qualification at an institution and gain work experience at the same time so quickening the process of becoming an accountant. Thank you, i appreciate your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending