The Student Room Group

June 2014 maths edexcel C grade boundary prediction

Hi guys just wondering how you all found the maths exam an what you think will be a grade c? I'm hoping it's pretty low as I found it hard but any help on what other people think would really be great. Thanks :smile: Btw it's the higher maths exam i am on about
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, the higher Edexcel exam was in a slightly different style to the ones previously. I do not think it caught many people out as many people were positive about it. To be honest, if you're in Y11, you can retake it next year at college. I'm confident I got an A at least but some questions caught me out. Tbh I flunked GCSE math and have only realised how bad at maths I was. Sorry- I do not know the grade boundary- It will not change your mark- hard work and effort/ determination produce good marks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MathMeister
Well, the higher Edexcel exam was in a slightly different style to the ones previously. I do not think it caught many people out as many people were positive about it. To be honest, if you're in Y11, you can retake it next year at college. I'm confident I got an A at least but some questions caught me out. Tbh I flunked GCSE math and have only realised how bad at maths I was.

Yeah true but I need a c for a course im doing aha. I thought it was hard purely cause they put to many long questions in where you can make plenty of mistakes :/ also it was different to what I had been taught really :/
Reply 3
Hi everyone just wondering your predictions on a C will be for the maths paper.
Reply 4
Any predictions?
This is GCSE you're on about right? I did those papers in June and i think about 65-75 out of 200 will be a C.
Original post by Student2122
Yeah true but I need a c for a course im doing aha. I thought it was hard purely cause they put to many long questions in where you can make plenty of mistakes :/ also it was different to what I had been taught really :/

Knowing how to do most of the maths easily is a good idea. Revision books, mymaths, mathswatchevle are good resources. Another good idea is to do past papers (when fully revised) and see where you went wrong and do all the topics you're unsure of. Also note any strange topics not in the revision book (there are some) and learn how to do them easily.
Reply 7
Original post by TheStudent2001
This is GCSE you're on about right? I did those papers in June and i think about 65-75 out of 200 will be a C.

Thanks for the reply, and I wouldn't think it would be that high for a C the highest it has been is 63 in the retake paper, but that was super easy this exam was quite hard so I thought it would be in the 50 range :/
35% to pass GCSE Maths? Wow. No wonder so many people are terrible at maths. I didn't realise standards were so low for GCSE Maths
Original post by Student2122

Next time please don't start three identical threads. I have better things to do than clean up your poop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending