The Student Room Group

Will A Level January exams come back?

Will there be more opportunities to sit exams in future for A Levels, or will they stick to being Summer exams only for A Level?

Just asking since Gove has gone, although I suspect that nothing will change since it is apparently hard to reverse the policies, not that I know if this is even a proposed idea.

I am sure that more opportunities to sit A level exams in particular will not come into effect whilst I am at that level of education at current time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do say some A Level modules in the UK and do iA Levels in other countries in January for example.

Like for maths by doing, with Edexcel: C1,S1,C3,C2 in UK and M1 and C4 in another country in January?

Also don't flame I am only asking a question.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

bump
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
bump

They won't likely do that for a while. The whole system is cyclical, so eventually they will return.

You could do A-levels/IA-levels in different countries, but you couldn't transfer modules between boards.
Original post by morgan8002
They won't likely do that for a while. The whole system is cyclical, so eventually they will return.

You could do A-levels/IA-levels in different countries, but you couldn't transfer modules between boards.

ah crap thanks for the info.

That sucks caught in the bad phase I suppose.

May I ask what if I were to do the CIE board, the only board left in UK that offers october/november sittings would that be possibe?
ah crap thanks for the info.

That sucks caught in the bad phase I suppose.

May I ask what if I were to do the CIE board, the only board left in UK that offers october/november sittings would that be possibe?

Would what be possible sorry?
Would what be possible sorry?

To do exams from the cie board, and do them in oct and june. Since the other a levels aren't being offered then.
To do exams from the cie board, and do them in oct and june. Since the other a levels aren't being offered then.

Yes, you can do that. Are you taking them privately? If so do you know what CIE's costs are?
Yes, you can do that. Are you taking them privately? If so do you know what CIE's costs are?

I would probably have to do that next year, yes I am aware they are very pricey and that few centres offer it, but when there is a will there is a way.
I would probably have to do that next year, yes I am aware they are very pricey and that few centres offer it, but when there is a will there is a way.

Are you taking three years of A-levels?
Are you taking three years of A-levels?

Considering picking a few up in a gap year.

Doing 4 a2's atm.
Considering picking a few up in a gap year.

Doing 4 a2's atm.

Because 4.5 A-levels isn't enough.
Because 4.5 A-levels isn't enough.

Its more of a thirst for learning rather than accumulating a levels.

That boy got 23 a levels :moon:

Not that I envisage I would get close to that.
Its more of a thirst for learning rather than accumulating a levels.

That boy got 23 a levels :moon:

Not that I envisage I would get close to that.

Never heard of that before, but I'm having a quick look.
How that is a lot of work. I'm surprised that he didn't get one A*. I'm also surprised Cambridge let him in without two A*s.

5.5 is enough for me (with STEP too).
Never heard of that before, but I'm having a quick look.
How that is a lot of work. I'm surprised that he didn't get one A*. I'm also surprised Cambridge let him in without two A*s.

5.5 is enough for me (with STEP too).

Maybe it was pre A*, I'm not sure.

Very good.

Cambridge right :smile:
Maybe it was pre A*, I'm not sure.

Very good.

Cambridge right :smile:

The one I found was from 2011, so not pre A*.

Me? Not anymore sadly.
WIsh they did.
The one I found was from 2011, so not pre A*.

Me? Not anymore sadly.

So you did. May I ask you do you think that going to such an elite place, led to a better life?

Original post by Placeboo123
WIsh they did.

Don't we all!
Iii
So you did. May I ask you do you think that going to such an elite place, led to a better life?

Don't we all!

It depends on the person
Iii
It depends on the person

Just stalked your sig. So we are doing the same phy and chem board. Nice scores btw, are you reapplying to Cambridge.
Just stalked your sig. So we are doing the same phy and chem board. Nice scores btw, are you reapplying to Cambridge.

I'm not sure. I'm going to go to Bath or Warwick this year and then I'm not sure if I want to reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest