The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
I agree he hasn't had great points returns, but even off form he is still getting ok points in. When Giroud is back, it would be time to get rid probably though I'd agree. But as a main man atm, I rate him as a good differential.

I don't like discussing with you though, hard to argue/debate with someone who's 53rd in whole FF, as you clearly know more :tongue:

I'd also add that I could see one of Walcott or Sanchez being played through the middle in the not too distant future.
Guys what do you think of my team??ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415746684.377772.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel
Guys what do you think of my team??ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415746684.377772.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

First XI is good, i'd do Rose > Chambers but rest looks solid.

Would recommend you sort your bench out as none of those 3 subs play, you want at least 1 player on there who can step in for injuries/suspensions/a tough fixture. e.g Moore > Yun or Albrighton > Boyd.
I hope all you guys went with Sanchez like I suggested. Yaya and Ramsey were one season wonders. Normal service has been resumed.
Original post by little_wizard123
I hope all you guys went with Sanchez like I suggested. Yaya and Ramsey were one season wonders. Normal service has been resumed.

So were you right in saying you would enjoy football more now that you don't play FPL :tongue:?
Original post by little_wizard123

can't stay away

kidding yrself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sr90
First XI is good, i'd do Rose > Chambers but rest looks solid.

Would recommend you sort your bench out as none of those 3 subs play, you want at least 1 player on there who can step in for injuries/suspensions/a tough fixture. e.g Moore > Yun or Albrighton > Boyd.

what sr90 said; ESPECIALLY considering the subs.
you can still find players that play (more or less) regular first team football even at the lowest price
no point having guys like lucas who are barely gonna play all season :smile:

formation wise i would always prefer to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 since (generally) midfielders/forwards will bag more points than defenders.
what is your overall team value and money in the bank?
Original post by Lúcio
what sr90 said; ESPECIALLY considering the subs.
you can still find players that play (more or less) regular first team football even at the lowest price
no point having guys like lucas who are barely gonna play all season :smile:

formation wise i would always prefer to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 since (generally) midfielders/forwards will bag more points than defenders.
what is your overall team value and money in the bank?

Team value is 103.9M
Tbh I really like 343 but I really wanted to own aguero because he is doing really well atm. So I had to let go of siggy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mister Dead
can't stay away

kidding yrself

Original post by Isometrix
So were you right in saying you would enjoy football more now that you don't play FPL :tongue:?

Villa have lost 6, drawn 1 and scored 1 in the league since I quit. They were on 10 points from 4 when I left. **** you all.
Team value is 103.9M
Tbh I really like 343 but I really wanted to own aguero because he is doing really well atm. So I had to let go of siggy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay so team value is okay (mine's 104.2m)
yeah, aguero and/or costa is a must have this season - as with fabregas imo.
sanchez is killing it but he will die down.
siggy is a great little player; i'm keeping him all season because his price is low and on a good week he can get some crazy points.
toying with the idea of whether i should be risky and bring in sturridge this weekend or next week.

would take a 4 point hit (di maria downgraded and berahino upgraded).
think i'm gonna leave it this week - i'm not entirely confident sturridge will play a full game and i'm not currently confident in liverpool anyway.
Original post by Lúcio
toying with the idea of whether i should be risky and bring in sturridge this weekend or next week.

would take a 4 point hit (di maria downgraded and berahino upgraded).
think i'm gonna leave it this week - i'm not entirely confident sturridge will play a full game and i'm not currently confident in liverpool anyway.

I would hold fire on that. Your form isn't going to suddenly improve tenfold with him back, best to wait and see.

Just realised that Sterling is 8.5 and still dropping... if he regains some form he'll be straight back in my team.
Original post by sr90
I would hold fire on that. Your form isn't going to suddenly improve tenfold with him back, best to wait and see.

Just realised that Sterling is 8.5 and still dropping... if he regains some form he'll be straight back in my team.

Strangely enough I've never owned him this season :ahee: but still doing well just outside the top 3k:yy:. But as you say, 8.5 and dropping is definitely an enticing option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Strangely enough I've never owned him this season :ahee: but still doing well just outside the top 3k:yy:. But as you say, 8.5 and dropping is definitely an enticing option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was 9m and 55% ownership a couple of weeks ago, so many people have got rid!

Wonder what price someone like Rooney, Bojan or Ramsey are now. Everyone had them in pre season.
Original post by sr90

i'll be bringing back sterling after i bring in sturridge
the pressure if just getting to him - holding us up alone is burning him out

and yeah, i'll wait until at least next week for sturridge; a 4 point hit isn't worth it to bring in a striker when i already have costa and aguero anyway
Might want to wait a bit longer for Sturridge...
Original post by Narcissist
Might want to wait a bit longer for Sturridge...

Please don't... :frown:
I want to get in Aguero but don't have the funds (unless I swap him for Diego Costa which I don't want to do). So this week I'm going to get rid of a midfielder with a cheap midfielder (Wanyama) then with that money I've saved I'll be able to remove a striker the week after (Probably Pelle).

I wasn't sure which midfielder I should get rid of as they are all either 50/50's to play or are off form. My midfielders I'm thinking of getting rid of:

Fabregas (may not play but recent news is he should be fit again)
Di Maria (exepnsive and a little off form)
Downing (unlikely to start due to injury and unlikely to beat everton)
(edited 9 years ago)
had forgotten completly about FF...

Made my changes already though - aguaro in.. should have listened to people and done it last week, and that cost me..

But its done now, so should be a bit safer against large drops in places now..

Captain this week has a few good choices - agurao + costa both having home games..

But then the united + arsenal match could end up being a wildcard choice as that game could well end in an absolute goal fest given both of their shaky defenses..
Original post by fallen_acorns
had forgotten completly about FF...

Made my changes already though - aguaro in.. should have listened to people and done it last week, and that cost me..

But its done now, so should be a bit safer against large drops in places now..

Captain this week has a few good choices - agurao + costa both having home games..

But then the united + arsenal match could end up being a wildcard choice as that game could well end in an absolute goal fest given both of their shaky defenses..

look, fallen_acorns, if that's even your real name, because frankly I don't believe it is.

Sergio Aguero's name is Sergio Aguero. Agueeeeeeeeeeeeero. Aguero

do you hear.

fallen_acron

Quick Reply

Latest