The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prandtl
Same. Just need to decide whether to save the free transfer or do Mata to Fab.

Ditto the Clyne suggestion. Maybe Jones for Luis with Utd's nice fixture run? Or Vertongen might be back?

I have DDG, Mata and Rooney so can't get a 4th United defender. I don't have the budget for Vertongen, I am just going to have to hope that Poch and Jose see sense and start playing the best left backs at the club.
Original post by Alex Doran
Current defence is;
F.Luis - B.Davies - Clyne - Ferdinand - Chambers

Can't put Clyne in, already had him

Ahh, didn't realise :sad: You could always keep your FT for this week and then do those two to Cahill/Terry & 4.5.
Original post by Alex Doran
Current defence is;
F.Luis - B.Davies - Clyne - Ferdinand - Chambers

Can't put Clyne in, already had him

I wouldn't write off Luis yet. I'm pretty sure Jose is looking to rotate the current back 4 and him pretty evenly with azpi/Ivan sharing rb, Cahill/Ivan/terry cb and Luis/azpi lb.
Original post by sr90
Ahh, didn't realise :sad: You could always keep your FT for this week and then do those two to Cahill/Terry & 4.5.

Original post by Narcissist
I wouldn't write off Luis yet. I'm pretty sure Jose is looking to rotate the current back 4 and him pretty evenly with azpi/Ivan sharing rb, Cahill/Ivan/terry cb and Luis/azpi lb.

Yeah, I really hate taking points hits but I know that I have to make a certain number of transfers and it makes more sense to do it now. Obviously I want the Chelsea coverage defensively and I want a Spurs defender because of good fixtures. I can't afford to upgrade anyone price wise and I can't afford to keep 2 players in my team that are not playing regularly.

Current defence is;
De Gea
F.Luis - B.Davies - Clyne - Chambers - Ferdinand

I think I will have to change it to;
Courtois
F.Jones - Kaboul - Clyne - Chambers - Ferdinand

I don't trust the 6m Chelsea defenders so I have to go with the GK
Thoughts on Rojo's price ? Could be a good points scorer with their early fixtures and I would imagine he'll start based on how **** their defence was last weekend
Original post by mccrae01
Thoughts on Rojo's price ? Could be a good points scorer with their early fixtures and I would imagine he'll start based on how **** their defence was last weekend

With him reportedly costing about £16m plus Nani, he will be 6m based on the price of F.Luis. He will certainly be more expensive than Jones or Smalling and he should play alongside both of them (with Smalling being dropped if he goes for 2 centre backs) so he probably won't be worth it. How many more points can he get than Jones to justify another 1m?
Original post by mccrae01

5.5 I reckon. Think I would prefer Jones over him too at that price.
I have Ben Davies, I want another Spurs defender and I only have 5m so I can't afford Walker, Dier or Vertonghen. Is it better to go for Rose or Kaboul?
(Really need help as Davies should go down in price tonight meaning I would be unable to get anyone above 4.9m and no Spurs defenders are that price.)
I'm considering swapping Giroud for Bony, here is my thinking;

- Arsenal play Everton away and Swansea play Burnley at home.
- Bony is guaranteed to start, whereas Giroud isn't (he didn't start against Crystal Palace).
- Giroud played (poorly) midweek, he could be tired.

What do you guys think? Bony or Giroud?

If I do choose Bony, I'll wait until Friday to make the transfer as I'm hearing Liverpool are interested in him.
Im ranked 5th in the whole of Tuvalu. Im not really from there and have no links whatsoever
Original post by Manchester United
I'm considering swapping Giroud for Bony, here is my thinking;

- Arsenal play Everton away and Swansea play Burnley at home.
- Bony is guaranteed to start, whereas Giroud isn't (he didn't start against Crystal Palace).
- Giroud played (poorly) midweek, he could be tired.

What do you guys think? Bony or Giroud?

If I do choose Bony, I'll wait until Friday to make the transfer as I'm hearing Liverpool are interested in him.

Bony is not guaranteed! I think?. When Gomis came on against MUFC, he played very well
Reply 1371
Original post by SK7866
Bony is not guaranteed! I think?. When Gomis came on against MUFC, he played very well

true, I was a fan of his back when he was at Lyon. If he becomes a starter I will put him in
My first week sucked really. Captain scored but nearly everyone else got 0-2 points. How Chelski scored 3 goals without Hazard being involved escapes me.
Reply 1373
Filipe Luis, Out he goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
B.Davies out, Clyne in.

Cameron to go next week if he doesn't play/looks like going down in price.

Would have jumped on Fab bandwagon but would mean getting rid of Mata or Ramsey and I feel both will outscore Fab by the end. Besides the good picks before aren't bad picks after 1 game (a part from the non-playing ones of course)
Original post by SirMasterKey
B.Davies out, Clyne in.

Would have jumped on Fab bandwagon but would mean getting rid of Mata or Ramsey and I feel both will outscore Fab by the end. Besides the good picks before aren't bad picks after 1 game (a part from the non-playing ones of course)

Literally said exactly what I was going to say about everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1376
Original post by SirMasterKey
B.Davies out, Clyne in.

This has made me decide to keep Mata.
I'll keep him this week. No need to sacrifice 12 points. Like you said he got 90 minutes.
I got rid of Camerob
Hhmm do i do chambers>clyne or save a transfer....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will Luis be playing?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Will Luis be playing?

I'm getting rid of him. He seems to risky. If he was going to be a regular starter then why not ease him in in a very easy game against Burnley? Just seems odd, then again why pay £20m+ for a substitute left back.
I am taking the hit early and doing DDG + Luis out and Courtois + Jones in. Same clubs but all guaranteed game time. Better to do it now than later when you have missed out on a few clean sheets. It will cost me 4 points but I reckon Chelsea are a nailed on clean sheet this week anyway so that makes up for it straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest