The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Poor choice to get in Felipe but he's cheaper than the other Chelsea defenders, probably going to keep him on.

Really want Fabregas too :'(
Original post by Saf94
Pretty much any United defender is a waste at this point in fairness. Probably better to bench them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Deshi
Rojo didn't even look that good in the WC who in their right mind would get him for 6

posts like this stir up the ire of the TSR police force

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deshi
Rojo didn't even look that good in the WC who in their right mind would get him for 6

:lol: He was out of position, and was excellent. Good goal threat, too.
Original post by little_wizard123

Agreed, he was one of the best defenders in the tournament from what I saw. He is a good player and is pretty much exactly what United needed. Despite that, he is not a great buy on fantasy league because defenders are only as good as the unit around them with the exception of very attacking defenders such as Baines. United looked shocking defensively against Swansea, there were visibly massive gaps at the back and it was so easy to exploit. If an average team like Swansea found it so easy, just wait until they come up against a good team with any pace.
To play United's formation, you need very high energy full backs and centre mids so they can cover the area behind the advancing full back. Also you need disciplined centre backs so they don't wander off up the pitch or too far wide. United will get better when first team players are available (such as Shaw, Carrick and Valencia) or if they sign another centre mid and right wing back because Januzaj just left so much space behind him.
Basically I am saying Rojo is a good player for United but not for fantasy league because he is more expensive than United alternatives and he will not get too many clean sheets.

He was just a standard fullback who scored some lucky goal with his knee.

I'm calling flop right now. :colone:

^^ You're saying he's exactly what United need and on the basis of the WC yes, but you most likely had no idea who he was before the WC or had ever seen him play, so you're going of the basis of a few games. The WC doth not maketh a great player.
Original post by Alex Doran
United will get better when first team players are available (such as Shaw, Carrick and Valencia) or if they sign another centre mid and right wing back because Januzaj just left so much space behind him.

It's not that we need to sign another RWB, Januzaj was only deployed there because there was nobody else. Rafael, Valencia, Young & Lingard would all start ahead of him in that position but they were all injured or in Young's case, needed to cover another injury on the left side. If Januzaj plays on Sunday, it'll be up top alongside Rooney.

Another CM is essential though, everyone in the country knows it apart from Ed Woodward. Right now you'd struggle to find a worse CM pairing in the Premier League than Fletcher/Cleverley.
Reply 1406
Original post by sr90
It's not that we need to sign another RWB, Januzaj was only deployed there because there was nobody else. Rafael, Valencia, Young & Lingard would all start ahead of him in that position but they were all injured or in Young's case, needed to cover another injury on the left side. If Januzaj plays on Sunday, it'll be up top alongside Rooney.

Another CM is essential though, everyone in the country knows it apart from Ed Woodward. Right now you'd struggle to find a worse CM pairing in the Premier League than Fletcher/Cleverley.

rojo isn't playing this sunday so who's going to be lb/lwb
Original post by Deshi
He was just a standard fullback who scored some lucky goal with his knee.

I'm calling flop right now. :colone:

^^ You're saying he's exactly what United need and on the basis of the WC yes, but you most likely had no idea who he was before the WC or had ever seen him play, so you're going of the basis of a few games. The WC doth not maketh a great player.

Rojo's knee helped me to 24th in the world in the WC Fantasy. What a legend he was.

You could turn that argument on its head and say you can't call him a flop based solely on a WC, but performing on the biggest stage out of position is hardly a bad sign. I wouldn't want a Utd defender for a while though, tbh.
Original post by Qari

Webcam Ash.
Reply 1409
Webcam Ash.

what?
Original post by Qari

Ashley Young. Rojo wouldn't be playing there even if he was fit.
Reply 1411
Original post by sr90
Ashley Young. Rojo wouldn't be playing there even if he was fit.

where would he be playing?
Original post by Qari
where would he be playing?

LCB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1413

K thanks.
Not sure who to captain. Arsenal/Liverpool got tough games.

Rooney, Mata or Eden Haz. Latter didn't pay off last week. :\
Who'll be at LB tomorrow Azpilicueta or Felipe Luis?
I've gone massively full noob, with Felipe > Vlaar and Ramsey > Fabregas, leaving me with Fabregas, Costa and Hazard all in the team.

Wildcarding soon so it's not such a problem, but I reckon Chelsea could be raping Leicester and I don't want a piece of all it.

Costa captain.
Original post by The Assassin
Not sure who to captain. Arsenal/Liverpool got tough games.

Rooney, Mata or Eden Haz. Latter didn't pay off last week. :\

I have a feeling Rooney will play deeper this week. We have an abundance of attacking players (Welbeck, Januzaj, Wilson, Van Persie, Mata) but **** all behind them. Think i'll be boring and go with Costa.

It'll be funny if Luis starts tomorrow, given how so many people have broken their teams/taken hits to take him out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Who shall I captain???? Rooney? Or costa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel
Who shall I captain???? Rooney? Or costa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Diego Starbucks

thanks for making an appearance btw Khalid, means a lot to me

Quick Reply

Latest