The Student Room Group

Which University takes your breathe away for the pretty buildings?

People often rate Oxbridge as having the prettiest buildings, followed by Durham perhaps. I thought Nottingham fared well on this front. But Edinburgh looks amazing, and on a big scale. I can't believe it doesn't get spoken about more, it easily matches Oxbridge for beauty.

Scroll to see replies

Appleton and David Hume Towers do take my breath away, it's true.
Loved Edinburgh and Bath.
Reply 4
Cambridge did it for me, but having studied at Warwick for 3 years a Tesco probably would have impressed me too...
Bristol
East London University has a pretty nice building along with Greenwich.
Stanford. The campus is beautiful..:rolleyes:
Reply 8
I think Bath is one of the best-looking cities... Can't wait to go there in September!
Reply 9
Ugliest goes to East Anglia

Aberdeen university is rather nice in terms of aesthetics. Keele university is quite pleasant simply due to its greenery.
Utrecht's main buildings are a lovely example of Dutch architecture of the period, suitably adapted.
Reply 12
Original post by Mansun
People often rate Oxbridge as having the prettiest buildings, followed by Durham perhaps. I thought Nottingham fared well on this front. But Edinburgh looks amazing, and on a big scale. I can't believe it doesn't get spoken about more, it easily matches Oxbridge for beauty.

Greenwich in London by the Thames is absolutely stunning. The buildings are beautiful.
Reply 13
Oxford, haven't visited Cambridge but I'm sure they're just as grand.

Sheffield and LSE have a few really nice ones as well.

Bristol looks lovely on their pictures.
Cambridge no bias
Reply 15
best looking university in London is University of Greenwich
Grenwich is rather lovely building but it's had a lot of negative reviews in some departments but a degree is what you make of it

Nightworld1066
Reply 17
Greenwich just blew me away, wasn't expecting that at all!
London Business School certainly deserves a mention.
Reply 19
Greenwich inherited the Royal Naval College and the tradition that comes with it. I still say Edinburgh is the only university that has buildings on a wide scale to match Oxbridge. The London Business School and the European Business School are fantastic.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending