The Student Room Group

Can't decide which uni! Help!

Hi, I am looking to study a masters in a marketing field this year but am struggling with deciding my options. I wasn't expecting to receive so many offers tbh.

I been accepted at the following:

Exeter - Marketing
Leeds - International Marketing Management - 50% scholarship offered
Loughborough - Marketing and Management - 50% scholarship offered
York - Global Marketing
Surrey - International Marketing Management

The 50% scholarship at Loughborough is proving tempting and the business department is rated highly in the UK.

I'm still unsure however, and need to confirm my choices in the next few weeks...

What would people recommend from these universities? I don't have time to visit the open days and I can't find much about these specific courses online.

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Loughborough

No question.
Update -

Still trying to decide, I have been offered a 50% scholarship at Leeds as well which makes both courses pretty much the same for price now...

I spoke with past students from the International Marketing Management at Leeds and 90% of them are Asian which I find odd? There are also 175 people on the course which seems massive to me...

I haven't been able to find any graduates from the Loughborugh Marketing and Management course.

The loughbrough course seems to have a nice balance between Marketing and Management modules which gives me a variety which perhaps is beneficial as I am undecided between the two disciplines although favor marketing. Whereas, the Leeds course is much more specifically marketing. Interestingly enough there is is no dissertation or consultancy project at Loughborugh as far as I can see ?

Anyway with the scholarships providing to good to turn down I am stuck between these two universities.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer any more advice.

Thanks
Reply 3
Loughborough
Thanks for the responses!

Would you mind giving me some reasons as to why you think this is the best choice?
Reply 5
Original post by Alexafc12

Loughborough
Original post by Alexafc12
Thanks for the responses!

Would you mind giving me some reasons as to why you think this is the best choice?

I study at Loughborough at the moment (about to go in to my final year) and its a fantastic uni, business school is 3rd in the country and has fantastic facilities, trust me you would enjoy your time here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending