The Student Room Group

Dark hair to red hair

I have dark brown hair, and I want it to be red (not like holly hagan bright red) but quite bright.

I was wondering the best way to go about this cause every time I've tried to do it the red fades really quickly, or it doesn't come out red enough.

So what's the best way to get red hair.
Perhaps you need to pre-lighten / bleach it. This way, your hair will be light before you dye it red and the red colour will stand out much, much more. Some say bleach can damage your hair, but I think it only damages it a bit when you use it lots of times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I went from dark brown to red hair and I used Scott Cornwall's Colour B4 colour stripper and waited a week after using it and used a permanent red dye and it came out quite bright, it was a nice shade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I just died mine straight off using the XXL Live colours for red, and mine went pretty bright
Reply 4
I've used Affinage B-Red, i went from dark brown to medium red by using this with 30 vol developer, it left my hair in really good condition too because it's "single process" meaning that you won't need to pre-lighten beforehand so it leaves it in better condition than if you had pre-lightened hair first. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by esjae
I just died mine straight off using the XXL Live colours for red, and mine went pretty bright

Your hair looks great! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Yasmin25
Your hair looks great! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: I miss it being red haha, and pink haha

Quick Reply

Latest