The Student Room Group

chances for clearing

Hey everyone, I wanted to know realistically what my chances for clearing would be for a course like Psychology. I know it's not possible to foresee with complete certainty how many vacancies there will be etc.

I tried to search last year's list to get an idea but couldn't find one online. Is it unreasonable to think everyone will make their grades, leaving me no chance to get a vacancy? Also, can someone clarify what would happen if another applicant rejects his or her offer? Does that place become a vacancy that I can apply for?

Also, any tips when speaking to a university regarding clearing? How can I convince them I am a strong applicant and willing to work hard in the university? Also who do I contact on the phone for clearing (after UCAS)...Admissions Office?

Last question I promise! If there is a vacancy in another similar course, can I take that place and then switch to my desired course?

Thanks in advance guys! Fingers crossed this all works out & best of luck to everyone awaiting Results Day! x
Reply 1
Reply 2
Depends on which university and your grades.
Original post by lifegrass
Hey everyone, I wanted to know realistically what my chances for clearing would be for a course like Psychology. I know it's not possible to foresee with complete certainty how many vacancies there will be etc.

I tried to search last year's list to get an idea but couldn't find one online. Is it unreasonable to think everyone will make their grades, leaving me no chance to get a vacancy? Also, can someone clarify what would happen if another applicant rejects his or her offer? Does that place become a vacancy that I can apply for?

Also, any tips when speaking to a university regarding clearing? How can I convince them I am a strong applicant and willing to work hard in the university? Also who do I contact on the phone for clearing (after UCAS)...Admissions Office?

Last question I promise! If there is a vacancy in another similar course, can I take that place and then switch to my desired course?

Thanks in advance guys! Fingers crossed this all works out & best of luck to everyone awaiting Results Day! x

Have you filled out an application yet? Because your chances are very slim if you're waiting to do that on results day. For clearing you still need to apply before results day complete with a ps and a reference.

There will be vacancies for psychology and similar courses. Whether they are at unis you want to go to and have the grades for noone will know until results week.

The telegraph publish the official listing complete with phone numbers. Although some unis will publish vacancy lists in the days before results on their own websites too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending