Nope. Nas is
Nas
Tupac
Biggie
Guru

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arithmeticae
Lmao, just lmao

Nowhere near the best rapper ever, if you mean in terms of popularity and recognition he's probably pretty high but not even the best at that IMO

Sadistik
Lowkey
Akala
Logic

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just listed a load of grime artists ... Not rappers
Original post by newblood
You just listed a load of grime artists ... Not rappers

Sadistik is definitely a rapper, Lowkey and Akala do more serious rap than grime IMO.

Natti's album was pretty good, also like Chance the Rapper and Joey Badass

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
The best period of rap was the 90's and some of the mid 00's.

There is the obvious. Tupac and biggie. Not personally my faves. But you had wu-tang and all the affiliates kill army, sons of man. Raekwon and Gza had solid first solo albums. My two favourites of all time swiftly followed by gangstarr are big pun and big l. If you haven't listened to either do. It's the perfect embodiment of New York hip hop. Then you have the tier below the nas's , jay z, Capone n Noreaga's, mobb deep, AZ, cormega's. I mean I could write a list as long as my arm of better rappers than 50 cent.
Original post by consumed by stuff
Raekwon and Gza had solid first solo albums.

Raekwon's was better than 36 Chambers but GZA's really wasn't well received. Liquid Swords was his 2nd.
Reply 46
Original post by ganjasaurus.
agree but dude game (The Game) did you listen to rap in mid 2000's

No I would've been at primary school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Raekwon's was better than 36 Chambers but GZA's really wasn't well received. Liquid Swords was his 2nd.

My bad, still rated highly personally.
he may not be the best rapper ever but he was still the most iconic figure in the 2000's and has a whole plethora of classics which make you wanna grab the strap and start straight gang banging. get rich or die tryin' has to be in the top 10 rap albums of all time imo. he's a G and an A list rapper.
Original post by consumed by stuff
My bad, still rated highly personally.

I think both are probably better than 36 Chambers to be honest. GZA's would be in my top 5 ever.
Reply 50
No, just no. 50 cent is most definitely not the best rapper. He sucks.
Biggie, 2pac, ice cube, eminem, etc are my favourites.
Anyone saying lil wayne and kanye are the best are also idiots.
I'm quite partial to a bit of Xzibit too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by newblood
Erm no nas is best rapper of all time. Eminem was copyin nas and easy e's flow and thats why he incorporates that sound. I dont know why everyone puts em on a pedestal, hes defo top 10 but he dont make my top 5

To OP 50 is not greatest rapper of all time...but from ,2002-2006 imo he was one of the best, if not the best, around (actively).

And personally he is my most favourite rapper.

I think Nas is good. However, a LOT of his music is very hard to like because Is imply do not like the beats. His flow and rapping is good, but I care about the quality if the instrumentals. Nas will never be on the same level as Eminem, Nas certainly wouldn't make my top 5, I'm not sure he would make my top 10. Even though I think he's good (Stillmatic is SICK). I don't understand how Em copies Nas, I never got that impression at all.

One of the reasons why Em is the best is because he's unique in his rapping. He doesn't need to rap about guns, drugs and women like 99.99999999% of rappers out there. Instead, he puts a comical twist on some tracks, deep lyrics on some other tracks, and mostly just hilariours rhymes and KILLER flows. His beats never fail to deliver, the instrumentals are usually top notch. I've been listening to rap for nearly 10 years, and in all that time, I've never heard anyone anywhere near as good as Eminem.

Dre delivered 2 amazing albums, chronic and later 2001. wu tang delivered some amazing albums like 36 chambers and wu tang forever. nas delivered Untitled which is my favourite album of his by far. and 2Pac made several amazing albums. but none of that matches to Eminem. he's the best, as simple as that. you only need to listen to tracks like Role Model and Brain Damage to understand why Eminem is the best. His recent track Rap God is pretty decent, his flow is pretty sick there.
*cough*cough* Eminem.
Just saying. He`s a rap god, rap god...
Reply 54
Original post by Rubysmith
*cough*cough* Eminem.
Just saying. He`s a rap god, rap god...

I was waiting for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't lie. How many of your favourite rappers have a diamond selling album?
Listen up. 50 Cent is good. But, he isn't in the same league as Eminems, Jay Z etc.

Beside his first two albums under Shady/Aftermath, he's been nothing special. He last song that was good was My Life - but that was because of Eminem who featured, he took over the song and made it enjoyable.

That is why Eminem for me is the greatest of all time in Hip Hop. Think about it. Let's start with his 50 Cent collaborations.

1. Patiently Waiting - let's be honest, people remember that song because of Eminem. His flow and pace is perfect.

2. Don't Push Me - Eminem doesn't rap often about guns, but he did here and was way better than 50 and Lloyd Banks (who also featured).

3. Love Me - off the 8 Mile Soundtrack, Eminem destroyed that song. It was his, no one remembers 50 or Obie's verse.

4. Jimmy Crack Corn - massively underrated track, 50 tries to get a flow, but can't, Eminem once again takes it to another level.

The story is the same on You Don't Know and Crack a Bottle (even Dre beat 50 on that).

Eminem, lyrically "renegaded" Jay Z on his own track. The song Renegade on Blueprint was originally a Eminem and Royce track, but it became Jay Z's. Nas said it himself, Jay "got destroyed on his own ****". It is fit for me, the best Hip Hop song of all time.

Eminem quite literally shredded Benzino and and Ja Rule. Songs like "The Sauce" and "Do Rae Me" show this, he shreds rappers. The Source's reputation went downhill. Like Em said to Benzino, "you've got to stay up till three in the morning see your video played once on BET".

I won't go into others, but Canibus, Insane Clown Posse are others he tore apart. Don't forget Mariah and Christina. If any other artist mentioned either, they would be ridiculed. But Eminem did it in a way that was funny yet true at the same time.

Lyrically, he's miles ahead. Whether it be Brain Damage on SSLP or Rap God on MMLP2, he's lyrically miles ahead. Other rappers have said the many times.

Plus, he originated from Underground Rap. Rap Battles on YouTube before he was famous showed he took others apart, that's how Dre found him.

Go listen to songs such as No Apologies, Yellow Brick Road, (his verse on) Fight Music and Revelation. Incredible.

Oh, and for those saying Wayne and Drake. Go listen to Forever, tell me who's better lmao..
Original post by Orange s0da
Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't lie. How many of your favourite rappers have a diamond selling album?

Em has two lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stinkum
I think Nas is good. However, a LOT of his music is very hard to like because Is imply do not like the beats. His flow and rapping is good, but I care about the quality if the instrumentals. Nas will never be on the same level as Eminem, Nas certainly wouldn't make my top 5, I'm not sure he would make my top 10. Even though I think he's good (Stillmatic is SICK). I don't understand how Em copies Nas, I never got that impression at all.

Then you need to listen to Infinite. If you still don't think he copies Nas after that (and you've heard Illmatic) I don't know what to say; he even admitted it himself.

It's uncanny.
Original post by Mubariz

Yep, SSLP sold 6 million in the USA. MMLP and TES both Diamond. Encore sold almost 6 million. Relapse I'm not sure, Recovery I think did 5 (was best selling artist of the year). MMLP2 I think has sold almost 2 million.

Since MMLP, all his albums have been number one in the UK and USA. He's the only rap artist with an Oscar.

Also, he's the first artist in history to have two digital diamond awards - Not Afraid and Love the Way You Lie.

Plus more... Eminem and Dre made 50 Cent, and 50 knows that

Quick Reply

Latest