The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

UG English Literature Student, University of Westminster, HOUSEHUNTING

I made a last minute decision to apply for a London university through UCAS Extra, which means it is likely that I have missed out on halls. I am not really bothered as I would prefer to live in central London than Wembley.

I am an undergraduate about to start my first year at the University of Westminster to study English Literature (Regent Street campus). I am hoping to find other students to live with who are creative, sociable and respectful of other housemates. I like making plans to travel and going to the theatre, literary events and gigs. I like to go running or at least walking regularly. It would be great to live with people who share my interests, and I like to think I'm an open-minded person who would support and encourage my housemates with their studies and interests too. I like to be clean and fairly tidy but am mostly laid back. I would like the household to be relaxed, hard-working but equally hilarious! A house where everyone does their bit, that is cool with visitors and we can meet some life-long friends along the way.

The house is £283 pppw in a great location just 2 minutes walk from King's Cross St Pancras Station where there are loads of cafes and restaurants. I viewed this property yesterday and fell in love with it instantly. It is part of a crescent and so very quiet, tucked away from the street noise. It is spread across 4 floors, with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living area. We would pretty much have a floor each with bedrooms big enough for a double bed, storage, study area and own living space (definitely enough space for couples to share a room). The ground floor has a lovely cool shared living area that leads to the kitchen for us to hang out together. The kitchen leads out to a small paved garden that would be ideal for BBQs. I met the landlord yesterday who was brilliant; laid back and happy to work with me to make a happy tenancy.

At this point, I am mainly interested in meeting other students in a similar situation. This house is not secured and so I would be happy to view more properties. This one was pretty special though!

In the meantime, drop me a message if you're interested and we can go from there.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending