The Student Room Group

Nursing start in march. Good or bad?

I have been offered a place at Sheffield hallam for adult nursing which is what I wanted, however it is for march '15 rather than September '14quite worried about this and don't know whether to accept the place. Would I still get accomodation, freshers, the same holidays?:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Laxybunny
I have been offered a place at Sheffield hallam for adult nursing which is what I wanted, however it is for march '15 rather than September '14quite worried about this and don't know whether to accept the place. Would I still get accomodation, freshers, the same holidays?:frown:

I applied for September and got march instead at chester. I would accept it, it's a uni place at the end of the day. You will still have freshers and accommodation but just at another academic cycle.
On the interview day at chester the students said that the march intake don’t have the usual long holidays in the summer but one around march time. They also said march would be better as lots of people graduate around September and look for jobs so in march there isn't as many people.
But at the end of the day its a place and if you really want it take it. Plus the friends you make on your course will have the same holidays too. Good luck

why think about it? its hard to get into nursing at uni level, are you going to uni for the social life or to be a nurse?
Reply 3
Go for it, the end of the day you got a place and that is the hardest part. Just gives you few more months to maybe get some experience before hand and earn some cash.

Hey, just wondering did you accept the place at Sheffield Hallam for march 2015? x
you will still get accomodation, your leave dates may be slightly different but you'll still get christmas + new year . your freshersd experience may well be somewhat different as there are fewer people starting (at the university) in March - spring intakes for Nursing are normally similar size to the september intakes especially for Adult , Child and Mental Health

Quick Reply

Latest