The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Uni Extended Science

Hi,

Is there anyone on here doing the Extended Science Degree at Plymouth University, starting September 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TessyWessy
Hi,

Is there anyone on here doing the Extended Science Degree at Plymouth University, starting September 2014?

I am! Not long to go now x
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
I know, only two months to now, only seems like last week I was panicking about my personal statement! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Reply 4
Hello to you both then! I hear we pick our two modules in first week? Im confused about whats really happening as I haven't heard anything other then I have been accepted.
Anyone know start date etc? Or will we get a letter nearer the time do you think?
Reply 5
We probably will get a letter nearer the date :smile: How old are you guys? I'm 17, 18 in August. And I think we pick our 2 sciences that we want to study out of physics, chem and bio at the start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Haha im a "mature student" :frown: im going to be the oldest arnt I lol. Im 26 ! Will have to dust the cobwebs off my brain :tongue:
Reply 7
Haha that's fine. The course is for both mature students and non anyway so I'm sure there will be people of all ages :smile: so I doubt you will be the oldest haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi, slightly mature student myself I'm 23, I haven't heard anything from the uni since I received my offer. Are any of you from Plymouth? :smile: I think the start date is the 22nd September.
Reply 9
Na, I live about 6 hours away haha! And yeah I thought that but people seem to be saying that freshers week starts on the 21st so I don't know exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm sure they'll inform us soon, to let us know the starting date. What are you planning to after the first year, I'm still undecided? :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Hopefully :smile: and environmental science, but all the degrees looks so good so I might change my mind halfway through :P but I might not even get in extended science yet, so don't wanna decide too far in the future, and didn't you have to write a personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah I had to write a personal statement, have you been given an offer yet? They do have a interesting variety of degrees to progress to, I think that's why cannot decide. :smile:
Reply 13
I have a conditional, so need to EE's in my A2 subjects. But I'm on the line of passing or not so yeah gotta wait till results day.
What did degree did you write for in your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey :smile: I live in plymouth and know it fairly well! Been here a few years.
hoping to progress onto ocean exploration or geology with ocean science :biggrin:
Reply 15
I said I wanted to progress to the Biological Sciences Degree they do, but I'm not sure at moment. I'm sure you'll get the results you need :smile:
Reply 16
Their ocean science sounds interesting, been having a look at it. I wasn't sure how popular the extended science would be, but apparently they get a lot of applications :smile:
Reply 17
Ooh ocean exploration sounds fun! And ah thanks, and well we have like a year to decide haha, and I'm sure we will have help and information for deciding the degree nearer the end of the year. Or do we have to apply again through UCAS in like Jan time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yeah it seems popular, I was surprised there was no 2014 post for it already!
There is lots of choice for progression but i guess we would have to choose our degrees quite early on to ensure a place?
Reply 19
Do you know how many applications they get and how many they can choose out of the applications? I didn't know it was so popular either, but I guess I can see why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending