The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite British Politician

Scroll to see replies

Dennis Skinner
Reply 21
Was Tony Benn, sadly now he is no longer around Dennis Skinner.
Reply 22
I love Boris Johnson. I would do anything to meet him :smile:
Don't actually know that many. Probably Dennis Skinner.
Reply 24
Original post by adam9317
Following on from the least favourite British politician, who is your favourite?

My favourite current politician has to be Nigel Farage
Previously it was Dr Ian Paisley (DUP)

What about you guys?

Gerry Adams

but excluding northern ireland.

Tony Benn
although he's dead.

1. Dennis Skinner
2. George Galloway
3. Diane Abbot

I also rate Jack Straw for tackling issues with the pakistani pedophile gangs and issues with the niqab.
(edited 9 years ago)
For the main parties its Margret Hodge, Danny Alexander and William Hague.
George Galloway speaks for the common man and is wily about the way the system works. I'm glad him (and a few others from old Labour) stood against the cancellation of PMQs for Thatcher's death. The spineless majority of the HoC would not. Very entertaining radio show too.

Saying that the man cosies up to brutal dictators and would probably be one himself if Britain was a failed state with more popular backing for left wing ideas. Also a complete hypocrite, but which MP isn't right. I wouldn't vote for him.
The right Honorable MP Peter Hain. Anti apartheid activist and supporter of just causes nation and world wide. Retires at the end of this parliament! A sad day for politics.
Original post by Selnec
Step foward, Mr Dennis Skinner

Hear hear.

I should mention Ken Livingstone too, I suppose.
Reply 29
Good to see a few shouts for Tony Benn.
Reply 30
Original post by adam9317
Following on from the least favourite British politician, who is your favourite?

My favourite current politician has to be Nigel Farage
Previously it was Dr Ian Paisley (DUP)

What about you guys?

Nick Clegg, and yes I am being serious!
Past : Baroness Thatcher, Lord Lawson and Lord Lamont. I don't believe one can have a favourite if they weren't alive when that person was a politician. Sure there were some good ones in the past like Churchill and Atlee but end of the day I wasn't born yet to see anything they had to implement.

Present : My MP who is also the PM :smile: He is a good guy and prior to being PM he was a very approachable MP.

I also quite like George Osbourne.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending