The Student Room Group

English coursework - creative writing help?

For our English coursework for the cambridge exam board we have to produce a piece of coursework which can be descriptive writing or narrative/creative writing. I am seriously struggling, and this is due in tomorrow which means my teacher won't be able to check it :frown:

Its about domestic abuse, and this is all i have so far.. (It's meant to be around 800 words)
I lie anxiously in the hospital bed, dreading the upcoming news. After collapsing in agony at The Rabbit Hutch last week, I knew something wasn’t right. A few weeks prior to my terrible traumatic ordeal, I discovered I was pregnant.
A tall figure looms near the door, seeming hesitant to enter; I can predict why. A young woman treads ungracefully into the room, her shoes evidently too big for her as they make a large thud on the marble floor after every step. I was initially shocked at how someone with such an aesthetically pleasing face with extremely defined features could be so lanky, but the appearance of the doctor was the last thing I cared about. My baby’s fate was the only thing that seemed important now.
I could see the terror and anguish in the doctor’s eyes. It was bad news.
‘Your baby has Downs Syndrome. I’m very sorry Leanne.’
The Doctor’s words were the ones I couldn’t bear to hear, but not because I would be disappointed with my baby because it wasn’t perfect, but because I knew someone else would be. The thought of a handicapped child disgusted Patrick, thus, I knew he wasn’t going to want the baby, and would come up with every possible explanation as to why a baby with Downs Syndrome couldn’t possibly be his own.
Patrick is a very proud man, with a lot to show for himself. Last year, he became head of Huntington High School and he is extremely well respected by all of the students and teachers. He constantly encourages, in particular, the more able students to strive for the optimum results, but he can be immensely dismissive towards those who aren’t so academically gifted: hence why I am so worried about how he is going to react to the news that our baby has Downs Syndrome.

Quick Reply

Latest