The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krazy prince
charity is a much more common thing in my country but its not like givin all the money to the poor as ur natural temptations dun allow u to do that and giving a part from it also takes great courage friend.

Indeed. But it also takes great courage to drive past the poor in your flashy car and try to pretend not to see them and not feel any guilt.
Original post by scrotgrot
You are spoiled, but if you are genuine about "choosing to make a future of my own and not just rely on your father's income", I hope you back that up by living modestly.

There's absolutely no reason for you to have a Mac (terrible, sub-par computers) or a BMW (overpriced, gas-guzzling, show-offy car). That is repulsive, narcissistic, a very poor investment, and worst of all it's tacky. That sort of conspicuous consumption is profoundly naff in this country and marks you out as a nouveau riche with no class. Put your money where your mouth is (so to speak...) and live modestly.

But surprisingly, I do not necessarily think it's hypocritical of you to say you want to be financially independent but are getting bought a house/flat here. It is senseless to get into debt or pay rent for the sake of it.

from ur comment i get it a bit. buying advance gadgets and an over priced car itself gives an impression that we r trying to be pretentious right?
and talking about buying me a house, i dun wanna tell anything further that my father wished me to buy but i turned it down, otherwise people would start hating me further as already m gettin a feeling
thanks buddy
and yeah i wish to work hard datz y m moving in a different country n dun wish to continue my father's company but build a new one myself.

No problem :smile: however, do try not to pick up text speak, you'll get more respect if you stick to proper English :smile:
from ur comment i get it a bit. buying advance gadgets and an over priced car itself gives an impression that we r trying to be pretentious right?
and talking about buying me a house, i dun wanna tell anything further that my father wished me to buy but i turned it down, otherwise people would start hating me further as already m gettin a feeling

Ignore the comment about the Mac, Apple are the best tech company out there no matter what anyone says :wink:
Original post by pinejuice
i feel like you are fishing for confirmation that you are a rich international student! either way when you come to uni you are in the same boat as the others, you are here for an education and meet new people. people dont care too much about what you have/ your upbringing. its more about being fun and having a good time :smile:

thats wat i want, having a good time n not being judged on the things i have.
Original post by Daniel9510
Seriously **** off.

Yeah your daddy's buying you a house, that's great, and just by reading your point its clear you only made this thread to tell people your rich.

Get a life jesus, you have to go on the internet to brag about being a spoilt brat, thats laughable.

loool oh my, i really dun wish to see this stuff coming from my classmates. anyways thanks for ur comments. i would still not be offended by anything any of u says as i know i have to tolerate alot in the future.
Original post by minidee6.12
Are you Indian/Pakistani by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistani , n i hope diz wouldnt make it further judgemental.
Original post by EmmaHalley
If you had not mentioned 'rich' in the title or your BMW or house, no one would be bothered. It's just there was no need to mention it. If you'd just said I'm an international student no one would say anything remotely nasty! You say you aren't bragging and fair enough. Just maybe don't mention what your parents have bought you when you meet people. If you don't then you'll have no problems fitting right in! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i definitely wouldnt but here i wanted to know wat would be the thoughts of uk students if i have that. JUST FOR THOUHTS i included it as i have no intentions of going around telling everybody about it.
Original post by Quantex
You write like a 14 year old chav. Couldn't your parents afford to send you to a decent school?

lol i went to a decent school but dun think i could ever talk like a person whose mother language is english.
Original post by Sheepish153
Indeed. But it also takes great courage to drive past the poor in your flashy car and try to pretend not to see them and not feel any guilt.

i dun wanna boast any further but yeah i feel for them and do as much as possible, datz all one should state in tsr.
Reply 30
x

don't listen to these people, like me most have university aspirations, for comfort of life and a high salary in the future. if they're working towards that end then why do they criticise those already there. its natural to be spoilt a bit by parents, I'm sure they were spoilt too, but just in budget. you receiving a car I would see as a reward for getting somewhere as prestigious as kings (going ucl myself). the flat is an investment and why not if you can afford it, not money down the drain. if you compare this to a poor family, a young child might insist on buying ice cream every time they're out but people don't see this as spoiling just because of the finance involved.

finally, i don't think it matters even if you are, if i was rich of course i would reward my future children too.
Original post by cah846
No problem :smile: however, do try not to pick up text speak, you'll get more respect if you stick to proper English :smile:

oh ! thanks for that advice. I'll get better when i properly shift in uk and may be would understand what people like and don't like over there.
Original post by cah846
Ignore the comment about the Mac, Apple are the best tech company out there no matter what anyone says :wink:

lol actually i cannot say anything otherwise people here would chop me into pieces.
How rich is rich?
Pakistani , n i hope diz wouldnt make it further judgemental.

Lool no! I've seen Pakistan, it's a beautiful place, Karachi has gone downhill though. Sad really. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll be attending Uni of Manc hopefully and there's a generous amount of internationals there, I met a few when I went there...they seemed to get along with the rest of the UoM crew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't judge you or dislike you because you come from money, I'd judge you and dislike you because you write like an illiterate chav and you clearly seem to think your money makes you better than people below your income.

Also pretty sure this is a troll post, but if it's not OP get over yourself you're not special.
Original post by cem101
don't listen to these people, like me most have university aspirations, for comfort of life and a high salary in the future. if they're working towards that end then why do they criticise those already there. its natural to be spoilt a bit by parents, I'm sure they were spoilt too, but just in budget. you receiving a car I would see as a reward for getting somewhere as prestigious as kings (going ucl myself). the flat is an investment and why not if you can afford it, not money down the drain. if you compare this to a poor family, a young child might insist on buying ice cream every time they're out but people don't see this as spoiling just because of the finance involved.

finally, i don't think it matters even if you are, if i was rich of course i would reward my future children too.

Finally some nice words to hear. Yeah exactly, parents do give what they can and i have been turning down many other things that my father wished to buy but just cannot express myself completely here as everybody seems to be hating me already for some reasons and the other. but i like to listen what people would think about me before arriving there.
Original post by minidee6.12
Lool no! I've seen Pakistan, it's a beautiful place, Karachi has gone downhill though. Sad really. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll be attending Uni of Manc hopefully and there's a generous amount of internationals there, I met a few when I went there...they seemed to get along with the rest of the UoM crew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's wonderful ! yeah its true about karachi, it is where all the gangsta stuff is but that's the other part of the country from where i live.
I hope i would find people who would be good friends as now i am seeing some like those here. It has raised my hopes of really settling in there.
BMWs are parvenu cars while Macs are now owned by pretty much everyone. At least make an effort.
Original post by SophieSmall
I wouldn't judge you or dislike you because you come from money, I'd judge you and dislike you because you write like an illiterate chav and you clearly seem to think your money makes you better than people below your income.

Also pretty sure this is a troll post, but if it's not OP get over yourself you're not special.

I think the uk students are better than me because they can talk alot better and no i don't see anyone down because of their income. These are just your thoughts. That was the question I wanted to ask. Why do you think I would watch you down because of the level of income ?

Latest

Trending

Trending