The Student Room Group

Alcohol at global gathering 2014??

Just bought my ticket for global, and I'm so excited!!! But just read on the FAQ's that strictly NO alcohol is permitted??

Those of you who have gone/who are going can you smuggle it in? Do the majority of people take it in with them? My idea of a festival was to get wasted and listen to some amazing music! It wasn't a problem at Leeds so I don't know why it's an issue for Global...

Anyway I'd love to hear your comments/opinions. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by jlea101
Just bought my ticket for global, and I'm so excited!!! But just read on the FAQ's that strictly NO alcohol is permitted??

Those of you who have gone/who are going can you smuggle it in? Do the majority of people take it in with them? My idea of a festival was to get wasted and listen to some amazing music! It wasn't a problem at Leeds so I don't know why it's an issue for Global...

Where did you read that? I'd never heard of this event but it sounded very unlikely (while it is on the other hand very normal for you not to be allowed to BYOB) so I googled and found this in the FAQ:

Q: Can I bring alcoholic refreshments to the festival?
A: Under the terms of our licensing agreement with Police and local council authorities we are unable to allow our audience to bring in their own alcohol. There are many bar facilities positioned throughout the campsites and event arena.
Original post by jlea101

They're pretty strict on this at Global. :frown: You can buy alcohol there but it's roughly ~£40 a crate (or it was back when I went many moons ago). You're not allowed to bring your own alcohol with you.
Reply 3
That's what I found too, I'm a tight arse so I was hoping to get some in rather than buy it :P

But thank you anyway :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
They're pretty strict on this at Global. :frown: You can buy alcohol there but it's roughly ~£40 a crate (or it was back when I went many moons ago). You're not allowed to bring your own alcohol with you.

did you take any with you?

£40 for a crate? Oh dear lord that is so expensive! :P
Original post by jlea101
did you take any with you?

£40 for a crate? Oh dear lord that is so expensive! :P

No I didn't. I seem to remember them being pretty thorough in their searching.

Yes, everything there is REALLY expensive. You'll have a wicked time though. But just a heads up :smile:
Global is coming up in a few days (who's excited! )! You are actually allowed to take 2 litres of non-alcoholic, sealed beverages into the campsite... I just popped the seals off a few tesco water bottles using a screwdriver, poured out the water and filled with vodka, then gently screwed it back on and forced the bottles back into the plastic wrapper they were in, looks untouched! No one will look twice at a sealed packet of water... Good luck and rave safe!
Better than no alcohol! 😇

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending