The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Accommodation - Find your new housemates 2014!

Thought I'd make a thread for all those who are going to be living in the Derwent Building.

I'm in C4 room 3!!

Scroll to see replies

:woo:

I'm in D5 Room 10!

I'm probably being really slow here but how do we find out how many we're sharing with/if it's single/mixed sex? I've only looked at the email briefly for now so it probably says somewhere in there hopefully?? Or do we not find out til we get there haha?

Relieved to have got the offer though, did you get exactly what you wanted?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
heartofglass

I'm in D5 Room 10!

I'm probably being really slow here but how do we find out how many we're sharing with/if it's single/mixed sex? I've only looked at the email briefly for now so it probably says somewhere in there hopefully?? Or do we not find out til we get there haha?

Well apparently in Derwent you are either in a flat of 6 or 10, I'm considering phoning Sheffield tomorrow to see which mine is. I opted for a single sex room but it didn't say anything about that in the email, I'm not really too bothered either way though.

Eeeeee I really can't wait for September now !!
laura_802
Well apparently in Derwent you are either in a flat of 6 or 10, I'm considering phoning Sheffield tomorrow to see which mine is. I opted for a single sex room but it didn't say anything about that in the email, I'm not really too bothered either way though.

Eeeeee I really can't wait for September now !!

Oooh ok, thanks for that info, didn't know that!

Yeah i know me too, it makes it all the more real! :biggrin:
Well E3 is definitely a flat of 10 as I've got room 9! So excited :biggrin:
heartofglass

I'm in D5 Room 10!

Most of Derwent is single sex, with the odd mixed flat thrown in. However, they may change that this year! You don't usually find out until you discover your new flat mates.
Reply 6
i got derwent too :smile:
flat C1, no idea what type that is, but its all very exciting!:woo:
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Most of Derwent is single sex, with the odd mixed flat thrown in. However, they may change that this year! You don't usually find out until you discover your new flat mates.

Oooh ok, thank you!
Reply 8
Room 2 Apartment F1
Exciteeeeee
Reply 9
Room 5, Apartment D1
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
pm me if you are also D1!
TG123
Room 2 Apartment F1
Exciteeeeee

No way, that's my flat :lol:
Reply 11
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
No way, that's my flat :lol:

haha really!?

How's the flat been?, and am I right in thinking it's on the ground floor - how much of a pain is this?
TG123
haha really!?

How's the flat been?, and am I right in thinking it's on the ground floor - how much of a pain is this?

Awesome, yeah it's on the ground floor so you'll be in a single sex flat. It's a flat of 10 too. It's not too bad as it's at the end of the block and not too loud when people are coming back from nights out, it's also in a good position in relation to The Edge and that as it's one of the 4 'main' blocks.
Reply 13
B4 room 10! So happy I landed for a 10 person flat :woo:

Is it just me or has getting your room allocation made it seem a lot more close?!
fayebsy

Is it just me or has getting your room allocation made it seem a lot more close?!

Nope, definitely not just you! Before I got my accommodation I was still in the mind frame that uni was AGES away! Now it seems so much more real :eek:
Apartment D2, room 6 :smile:

anyone know if this is a flat of 6 or 10?? also, does anyone know what colour the rooms are there??
Lydia.Seevathean
Apartment D2, room 6 :smile:

anyone know if this is a flat of 6 or 10?? also, does anyone know what colour the rooms are there??

I can't help you on the colour of the room, but I'd guess that it's 10 people, I'm in D4 and I'd guess they'd be the same and mine's definitely got 10 rooms :smile:
Reply 17
Mr Blue Sky
I can't help you on the colour of the room, but I'd guess that it's 10 people, I'm in D4 and I'd guess they'd be the same and mine's definitely got 10 rooms :smile:

I'm in C4 so I guess I'll be in the flat next door :smile:
fayebsy

I'm actually in room 9 unbelievable. Nice to meet you lol :smile: .
Reply 19
nathaniel wheatley
I'm actually in room 9 unbelievable. Nice to meet you lol :smile: .

Wow that's really weird, that's 2 people I now know from this site who will be in the same flat as me :woo: Nice to meet you too!

Quick Reply