The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by DylanJ96
Wow... you're not judgmental at all.

Ignore him, he's started arguments about private schools before, not exactly sure if he's trolling or if he's just an imbecile tbh.
Original post by mathsisannoying
and now im nervous... haha

Same, the school gets your results the day before, who knew eh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my, are people so gullible that they believed that sprawl of words was genuine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 363
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Oh my, are people so gullible that they believed that sprawl of words was genuine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop it troll! You've done this **** countless times before
Original post by Ecasx
Stop it troll! You've done this **** countless times before

I defended private schools countless times before. I wasn't trolling previously. You were being really rude, in fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I defended private schools countless times before. I wasn't trolling previously. You were being really rude, in fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you go to one?
Reply 366

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm kidding with you :P
Original post by weejackie10
Can't sleep thinking about them

Posted from TSR Mobile

^THIS!!!
Oh how you guys are so lucky to get your results before us students from England. Have to wait until 21st August for my GCSE results. :frown:
How's everyone shaping up? Getting nervous yet? If any of you have any questions or issues, remember I'm here to help - I'll answer what I can and get the answer for the rest. You only have to ask. Oh, and good luck to all of you!
Do you go to one?

I've been educated in both independent and state schools in my school career, but mostly state. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ecasx
I'm kidding with you :P

I really hope you do get an A in chemistry, otherwise it'll be pretty awkward for you, painful actually. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been educated in both independent and state schools in my school career, but mostly state. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school had loads of people who went to private schools and then came to ours in 6th year. There was a migration of people from Hutchie and St Als every year, haha.
My school had loads of people who went to private schools and then came to ours in 6th year. There was a migration of people from Hutchie and St Als every year, haha.

Yeah, a lot of private school kids go to university after fifth year as well because of the fees! I'm surprised their parents didn't just send them to your school initially if they were happy for them to do their Advanced Highers there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, a lot of private school kids go to university after fifth year as well because of the fees! I'm surprised their parents didn't just send them to your school initially if they were happy for them to do their Advanced Highers there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, most of them were too thick to do advanced highers. Our school, along with a lot in East Renfrewshire, look forward to the annual influx of school population coming into sixth year from private schools. :tongue:
Original post by mysqa
How's everyone shaping up? Getting nervous yet? If any of you have any questions or issues, remember I'm here to help - I'll answer what I can and get the answer for the rest. You only have to ask. Oh, and good luck to all of you!

Thanks sam, i have a few questions that you could answer that i have seen crop up a few times on some forums :smile:

1) Do the teachers Get the Results the Day before you?
2) When does UCAS/universities receive your results?
3) Opening Times for UCAS on Exam Day?
4) Do the Results via text/email come in hourly waves from early morning to 8-9am or can they vary?
Original post by mathsisannoying
Thanks sam, i have a few questions that you could answer that i have seen crop up a few times on some forums :smile:

1) Do the teachers Get the Results the Day before you?
2) When does UCAS/universities receive your results?
3) Opening Times for UCAS on Exam Day?
4) Do the Results via text/email come in hourly waves from early morning to 8-9am or can they vary?

1) Yes
2) Probably the day before as well
3) Google
4) The emails generally come in by hourly waves from midnight the night before, texts usually early morning, such as 8am

:smile:
To be honest, most of them were too thick to do advanced highers. Our school, along with a lot in East Renfrewshire, look forward to the annual influx of school population coming into sixth year from private schools. :tongue:

I wouldn't say someone's thick if they can't do Advanced Highers; they're not necessary for entering university here in Scotland, anyway. :tongue: Just a bonus!
I wouldn't say someone's thick if they can't do Advanced Highers; they're not necessary for entering university here in Scotland, anyway. :tongue: Just a bonus!

For medicine/dentistry/vet med you need them but not usually for Scotland. I noticed you were thinking of applying to Kings by the way - great choice! I went to a summer school at UCL but we seen Kings and it's an amazing place to study!
The knowledge that my school know my results right now is terrifying...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending