The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Yeah that maths paper was horrible for me personally, id been getting As all year round, i need a B so hopefully (fingers crossed the boundaries are lowered accordingly)! idk where you hear about these boundaries but hope you are right!!
In. Who all is going to stay up waiting for that text/email then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
So results' day is fast approaching! How are you all feeling for it? I remember how anxious I was coming up to all of mine. :afraid: Feel free to use this thread for all your results' day chat needs! Currently the GCSE and A-level students are putting us to shame with their level of chattiness. :colone:

Fortunately, we've got some guidance for you all written up by a ScotQuals superteam here :biggrin: Otherwise what's everyone doing to cope with the wait!?

I've not thought about them much because for me it's my 6th year results and i already have a uni place. I do remember though this time last year i was a nervous wreck. Good luck to all the people who just did their highers. Keep yourself busy with fun stuff to do and it will soon be results day. :smile:
Original post by Asklepios

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe :smile: did this last year coz after my SG results i discovered that the email arrives at like 3 in the morning :biggrin: so you see you results earlier than most people :biggrin: didn't tell my parents though till the post results arrived
Original post by mathsisannoying
Yeah that maths paper was horrible for me personally, id been getting As all year round, i need a B so hopefully (fingers crossed the boundaries are lowered accordingly)! idk where you hear about these boundaries but hope you are right!!

Awww man I feel yo painm what was harder for you Paper 1 or Paper 2, I have my sources :wink:
Original post by Asklepios

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeee!! are youuu:smile:
Im going to hear from text/email as well! but i think i might not open it and wait till post comes anyways! i found a mixture of the papers different, what i didnt like about this particular one you couldnt really do the other parts to the question without the other parts so you needed to know how to do part A to do part b, usually you can still pick up some marks on other parts of the Questions.
Im going to hear from text/email as well! but i think i might not open it and wait till post comes anyways! i found a mixture of the papers different, what i didnt like about this particular one you couldnt really do the other parts to the question without the other parts so you needed to know how to do part A to do part b, usually you can still pick up some marks on other parts of the Questions.

That's exactly what I found too!! do you think theres anyway they would lower is from 91 to 85 for an A2
I am also awaiting sixth year results and as much as I like to pretend that I'm not too fussed about them, I'm inwardly bricking it! Oh well, at least I will be free from the SQA. :colone:
Original post by Grozdova.
I am also awaiting sixth year results and as much as I like to pretend that I'm not too fussed about them, I'm inwardly bricking it! Oh well, at least I will be free from the SQA. :colone:

did you sit Higher Maths
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
That's exactly what I found too!! do you think theres anyway they would lower is from 91 to 85 for an A2

there definitely is a chance, im really hoping that a B is like 55% - the normal 60% ... that paper was stressing me out... apart from that exam i think i have done great on the rest.
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
did you sit Higher Maths

No, I dropped all STEM-related subjects as soon as I could!
lol someone make an account called "but first" then the song will be complete :smile:
there definitely is a chance, im really hoping that a B is like 55% - the normal 60% ... that paper was stressing me out... apart from that exam i think i have done great on the rest.

Finges crossed, that sounds possile too, they should really lower all boundaries by about five percent, btw have u heard the reason why the exam was supposed to be particularly hard
lol someone make an account called "but first" then the song will be complete :smile:

Haha :biggrin: still waiting for my partner in crime... what other highers did you do
I took :- Physics, Maths, Business and English, how about you are you in 6th year like me? i done 5 highers in 5th year as well :biggrin:
I took :- Physics, Maths, Business and English, how about you are you in 6th year like me? i done 5 highers in 5th year as well :biggrin:

Awesome!! How did you find physics, nah I'm in fifth, wow that's a lot of highers!!
Original post by Grozdova.
No, I dropped all STEM-related subjects as soon as I could!

How did u find doing three advanced and one higher, im doing that next year
Yeah im not into Advanced highers id rather have more highers to have a wider horizon of opportunities to more jobs/subjects and stuff and to be honest they aren't absolute necessary for university and higher education which they are mostly used for anyways. i found physics not too bad, there was a question that i completely skipped i think it was the second one in Section B ... and then a few at the end. apart from that Multiple choice was okay i think i got nearly full marks there. how about you?
Yeah im not into Advanced highers id rather have more highers to have a wider horizon of opportunities to more jobs/subjects and stuff and to be honest they aren't absolute necessary for university and higher education which they are mostly used for anyways. i found physics not too bad, there was a question that i completely skipped i think it was the second one in Section B ... and then a few at the end. apart from that Multiple choice was okay i think i got nearly full marks there. how about you?

Yeah that's a really good idea, I know you are right!! Sometimes they.are a waste of time, good stuff, omg it wasn't the displacement one was it, yeay exact same as me I think 18/20

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending