The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

So results' day is fast approaching! How are you all feeling for it? I remember how anxious I was coming up to all of mine. :afraid: Feel free to use this thread for all your results' day chat needs! Currently the GCSE and A-level students are putting us to shame with their level of chattiness. :colone:

Fortunately, we've got some guidance for you all written up by a ScotQuals superteam here :biggrin: Otherwise what's everyone doing to cope with the wait!?

Results Day is now here! Let us know how you got on and if you feel like it, you can answer the following questions after telling us what you got..

Did you meet your predictions?

Have you got the grades you needed for your next stage?

What will you be doing now that you have received your results?

If you are continuing to further education, which subjects will you be studying?

On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? (1 being not at all, 5 being very nervous)

How did you find out your results? (e.g text? email? post?)

Was anyone with you when you opened your results?

How do you feel now that you have opened your results?

Any further comments?

And lastly, a little bit of good luck from all the staff at TSR!

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm more worried for my sister's results than my own. She's making me open them while she's away on holiday (without me :frown: ). I've to text her with a :smile: if she's passed everything and if not...Well let's just hope it's good news. :wink:
Original post by ChrissyH
I'm more worried for my sister's results than my own. She's making me open them while she's away on holiday (without me :frown: ). I've to text her with a :smile: if she's passed everything and if not...Well let's just hope it's good news. :wink:

Oh God, that sounds like such a stressful way of finding out your results! Is this a sort of "so it doesn't ruin my holiday" coping mechanism? :tongue:

You're getting 6th year results, right?
Reply 3
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Oh God, that sounds like such a stressful way of finding out your results! Is this a sort of "so it doesn't ruin my holiday" coping mechanism? :tongue:

You're getting 6th year results, right?

I suppose it is, she still has to endure 4 days of sun after it. 4 DAYS. I mean, if that's not hardship then I don't know what is. She'll be fine, I hope. :tongue:

Yeah last SQA results day for me :frown:. That is, unless I have a mid-life crisis and decide to return to do Higher Maths at College in the 2030s or something.
Results day is definitely fast approaching, can't wait until my brother gets his. Exciting stuff.. :tongue:
Original post by ChrissyH
I suppose it is, she still has to endure 4 days of sun after it. 4 DAYS. I mean, if that's not hardship then I don't know what is. She'll be fine, I hope. :tongue:

Oh lawd, 4 days!? How ever will she distract herself for that long in a beautiful, sunny foreign country!?

Yeah last SQA results day for me :frown:. That is, unless I have a mid-life crisis and decide to return to do Higher Maths at College in the 2030s or something.

Don't be sad about it. University is infinitely better than the SQA, if that's what you're going to do. :tongue:
Hope I never decide to do that! I'm finally free of the SQA clutches and don't plan on running back any time soon. :colone:
Reply 6
Oh lawd, 4 days!? How ever will she distract herself for that long in a beautiful, sunny foreign country!?

Don't be sad about it. University is infinitely better than the SQA, if that's what you're going to do. :tongue:
Hope I never decide to do that! I'm finally free of the SQA clutches and don't plan on running back any time soon. :colone:

I think she'll resort to phoning childline, or writing a letter to Alex Salmond or something. She can't possibly stand for what she's going to be put through.

I will miss school, but I'm ready for uni. Cannae wait to move to the Burgh iye...:colone: Hoping I get what I want, because although they don't matter whatsoever, I did actually work hard this year. :tongue:
So results' day is fast approaching! How are you all feeling for it? I remember how anxious I was coming up to all of mine. :afraid: Feel free to use this thread for all your results' day chat needs! Currently the GCSE and A-level students are putting us to shame with their level of chattiness. :colone:

Fortunately, we've got some guidance for you all written up by a ScotQuals superteam here :biggrin: Otherwise what's everyone doing to cope with the wait!?

Thanks for for setting up the thread! We definitely need to put the GSCE and A - levels under pressure!! :biggrin:

I keep counting down the days, telling everybody within earshot whether they want to know or not.
I think I know why they've been avoiding me lately. :laugh:

This is my last year too and then time to say goodbye to the SQA! Weird too because it seems only yesterday I sat my Standard Grades.

Good of luck to everyone who's receiving their results :goodluck: and hopefully lots of celebrations will take place! :woo:
SOO nervous about the exam results, the only one im worried about is maths, that was a HARD paper and its fast approaching 2 weeks on Tuesday and this forum will be full of amazing reults im sure! what did you all sit in highers/advanced highers? i sat .... Physics, Maths, Business, English. i done 5 highers last year and 4 this year, advanced highers aren't really my thing :smile: p.s a little feedback im not sure if you know last years discussion for exam results last year the ecosse put up but there was tons of questions people could answer such as predicted grades that could sparc conversation and put the GCSE A-level thread to shame haha !
(edited 9 years ago)
Bit anxious because it's my highers so hoping I get the right grades for 2015 entry :h:
Not really doing that much leading up to it, just checking the SQA page to see how many days are left every so often...
I've got some work shadowing planned on the 5th so I won't be able to stay up waiting for the text/email to come through :unimpressed:
I've got an unconditional offer for uni but im still worried about the results so I don't expect to be sleeping much the night before (I never can, always to excited and nervous :smile: ) but whatever happens, I'll know I tried my best, that's all you can do when you lasted through a year of advanced highers and a crash higher. :smile:)))
Reply 11
Original post by mathsisannoying
SOO nervous about the exam results, the only one im worried about is maths, that was a HARD paper and its fast approaching 2 weeks on Tuesday and this forum will be full of amazing reults im sure! what did you all sit in highers/advanced highers? i sat .... Physics, Maths, Business, English. i done 5 highers last year and 4 this year, advanced highers aren't really my thing :smile: p.s a little feedback im not sure if you know last years discussion for exam results last year the ecosse put up but there was tons of questions people could answer such as predicted grades that could sparc conversation and put the GCSE A-level thread to shame haha !

I find predicted results look very cocky 70% of the time because the people who are most likely to post their predictions are the people who are most confident in getting straight A's. However, other questions would be good, such as "Are you worried about what your parents/teachers will think?" and "How will your exam results change your plans for the coming years?".
Ahhhh, I'm absolutely bricking it for results' day! I sat my highers this year too so fingers crossed I haven't done too badly. Applying to uni for 2015 entry and I can always use my 6th year if I haven't done so well. I'm expecting to be disappointed, I just fell apart in some of my exams! Really feeling the pressure this year, particularly from myself...oh well, just hope I've done alright :cry:

I genuinely think I'm the only one of my friends who's even thought about results' day. In any event, someone will undoubtedly be having an empty for us to celebrate/drown our sorrows at... :cheers:
lol im scared as well... THAT HIGHER MATHS PAPER DOEE.
Original post by mathsisannoying
lol im scared as well... THAT HIGHER MATHS PAPER DOEE.

I was terrible at higher maths, I'll be lucky to have passed it :frown: I spoke to my maths teacher after the exam and he said that he thought it was a nice wee paper and that he had full confidence in my class and I was just like "eh, sure...?" So yeah, I'm really hoping I don't have to resit next year!
Anybody have any idea what the grade boundaries will be for Higher Maths- found paper soooo hard
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
Anybody have any idea what the grade boundaries will be for Higher Maths- found paper soooo hard

I've heard they are lower for this year but I don't know exactly :\
They'll be released after the 5th I think so we can find out, I'm definitely finding out my marks from my teachers though for highers!
Yeah same heard that too!! what do you think you have got, think I've just missed the A :/, good idea
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
Yeah same heard that too!! what do you think you have got, think I've just missed the A :/, good idea

I didn't really find the paper too hard, just because I liked the type of questions the SQA focussed on this year - hoping for an A, well I need an A for my course so really hoping it went ok haha.
Original post by greenladybird
I didn't really find the paper too hard, just because I liked the type of questions the SQA focussed on this year - hoping for an A, well I need an A for my course so really hoping it went ok haha.

ahhh lucky you!! what course you wanting to do?

Quick Reply

Latest