The Student Room Group

university of kent: Drama Society T24

Hello all. If you are reading this than hopefully you are interested in joining the drama society at the university of kent. If this is the case then please ask questions and get involved. My name is Daniel Hemming. I am T24 drama societies vice president for the upcoming year. I will give you all a brief outline of what we do.
We put on 4 shows a term, 2 in professional theatres (the gulbenkian and the marlowe) and 2 in free space.... so anywhere in campus or around canterbury. We also have events like 24 hour drama and hopefully a variety show we are trying to put together. ANYBODY CAN JOIN, you don't need to be a drama student, we have economic students, law, science and so on. In the society you can direct, be a stage manage, a lighting technician or sound technician...... we will try to find you a place.

Auditions for the first set of plays in autumn term will be held fairly early in the academic year and I will keep you updated on that as we plan the year ahead.

Also let us not forget the socials! Any excuse for a drink and we will use it! We have regular social events both planned and improntu and it always tends to get exceptionally messy but incredible fun!

If you are also interested in Musical Theatre I am a member of that society too, and the vice president of that society will shortly set up a thread for that society.... however until then. Ask away!!!

Find us during freshers week and get yourself added to our facebook page T24 drama society. We will arrange a taster session during your arrival at uni!!

Good luck. Much love. And see you in September on the stage!

Daniel Hemming.

Quick Reply

Latest