The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Freshers

What happens in freshers week in Derby university?
I know there is parties in the night but what happens in the day?
Original post by gabriella1234
What happens in freshers week in Derby university?
I know there is parties in the night but what happens in the day?

Hi I'm just going into my third year at Derby and freshers fortnight is amazing! During the day time there are freshers fairs where you can sign up to the university societies and sports teams and there are trips to places like Alton towers I think and normally a trip to ikea and different things like that :smile: you will also be enrolling in freshers onto your course and if your course is similar to mine you will an introduction lecture of some sort to welcome you! However the university will be releasing all of the freshers events soon so you won't have to wait long to find out :biggrin: hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm a second year but changing course so a fresher again, during the day expect tons to be going on at keddie road & loads of freebies will be given out, including tons of pizza, last year Dominos & Papa Johns got abit too into their rivalry and if you were seen with the others bag you had give it in to get their freebies, it's brilliant, it's amazing, i can't wait do it all over again :biggrin:
What date does freshers usually start??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lynetteb35
What date does freshers usually start??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its between 13th and 28th September but with you starting on 15th, you'll miss most of it but in your breaks and dinners you can join in xxx
Original post by simplylldxo
Its between 13th and 28th September but with you starting on 15th, you'll miss most of it but in your breaks and dinners you can join in xxx

That sounds ok I don't mind doing that :smile: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending