The Student Room Group

Most overrated food??

For some reason the internet is obsessed with bacon. While I agree it's nice, there are far better meats out there. A good gammon steak blows a measly bit of bacon out the water.

What foods do you think are overrated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Tomato sauce. There is other nicer sauces to put on chips like brown sauce, BBQ sauce , curry sauce and gravy but everyone , ever time chooses tomato sauce on their chips :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Oreos
Original post by Odd socks
For some reason the internet is obsessed with bacon. While I agree it's nice, there are far better meats out there. A good gammon steak blows a measly bit of bacon out the water.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with Bacon being overrated!
Also, gravy is just disgusting but I do not know ANYBODY who dislikes gravy except me :confused:
Reply 4
Anything Nandos.
Original post by funkydee19
Oreos

Nooooooooooooooooooo, they're my fave :mad:
Reply 6
Nandos, jerk sauce (it's nice but not to warrant such a bumming from everyone - if it was made in England it would be alright).
Dr pepper
Original post by harrym96
Nooooooooooooooooooo, they're my fave :mad:

A lot of people like them but that's just my opinion. There is literally so many different things made of oreos. I do like the milkshake tho can't lie.
Domino's pizza
Reply 10
Original post by harrym96
I agree with Bacon being overrated!
Also, gravy is just disgusting but I do not know ANYBODY who dislikes gravy except me :confused:

That depends what gravy we're talking about. If it's basic bisto-granules gravy then it's horrible, but proper gravy made from the juices left after cooking a piece of meat is delicious :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to love bacon but then once ate 780grams in one sitting with 45grams of salt in and now am not a big fan.

It's alright but it is definitely overrrated.

Except for crispy bacon. Love crispy bacon.

Also, to the people saying Nandos, you're crazy! :colonhash:
Original post by fatherdougal
Dr pepper

Dr Pepper best fizzy drink tbh

and Dominos, I don't like it that much anymore or Oreos
Pancakes..their alright but not god like
Spot on, I posted the exact same thing a while ago.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Definitely overrated. Seems to have a cult following on the internet. mmm bacon.

Smells very bad when you cook it, shrinks to a fraction of it's size if you grill it or fry it (and gets too greasy with the latter) so the only way to cook it nicely is to oven it (takes too long).

It's also very expensive for what you're getting.

I do still eat it, but there's a bunch of stuff I'd buy or put in a sandwich meat wise before bacon.
Desert island dick!
Cheese!

Original post by Autistic Merit
Domino's pizza

No you didn't! :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatherdougal
Dr pepper

I wouldn't say Dr Pepper was overrated, I'm literally the only person I know who likes it :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by Motorbiker

Also, to the people saying Nandos, you're crazy! :colonhash:

You're crazy for loving strangely bland chicken and crusty dry mashed-potato. :unimpressed:
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you were going to say pizza/steak for a second there and am glad you didn't.

Not sure this is the best topic for you but we'll roll with it.

For me, tea is massively overrated! And haddock.

Quick Reply

Latest