The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"Get an earlier bus"

"Work in silence"

"Work in pairs with the person next to you"

Hate it when a teacher picks on you, you don't know the answer and they insist on coming back to you after you've had time to think.

"Stand Up" was always met with groans

one of my old teachers used to play a game they called pass the detention. Everyone was in silence and if you made a noise then the detention became yours until someone else said something. Each added name increased the detention by 5 minutes
Original post by Excuse Me!
"Get an earlier bus"

A teacher once said this to my classmate and when she said she got the earlier bus, he said for her to get a taxi. It would have cost her £100 for a taxi to college!
"Whoops. This is why I'm not an English teacher. Haha! Ha! Ha!" after a student points out spelling mistake on board.

Every single time.
Original post by adstratt
"Whoops. This is why I'm not an English teacher. Haha! Ha! Ha!" after a student points out spelling mistake on board.

Every single time.

Makes me think of an instance when my English teacher wrote "I went to the shop and brought a chocolate bar" on the board, and I pointed out her mistake. She sent me outside for being cheeky o.O
[On applying for Year 11 prefect roles]
"This will look really good on your university applications"
2 years later they get someone in to talk to us about writing a good PS and someone asks how to include prefect status etc and is told they don't care about stuff like that, especially not from Year 11.

One of our teachers was so notorious for his phrases that towards the end of the year people started playing 'Mr Bailey Bingo' in the back of their diaries during his lessons
Original post by adstratt

Every single time.

Mine said it was a test

Posted from TSR Mobile
I’ll wait

Do I have to explain how annoying this is
Like wait Sharron

Latest