The Student Room Group

I just graduated with a media and cultural studies degree, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tehforum
OP, pepper your angus

Original post by bertstare
I could learn that **** on the internet in half an hour

Are you guys implying her degree is useless? You're probably one of those kids who think engineering and maths students are smarter and have better job prospects. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them op , gz on you degree! Do you have a job , do you still live at home?
Congrats on the mickey mouse degree :smile:
Original post by tehforum
OP, pepper your angus

Original post by donutaud15
Thank you, come again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 9 years ago)
Is cultural studies interesting? I'm starting sociology and cultural studies in September.
Reply 44
Were you aware of the difficult job situation in the media sector before you started your degree?

would you have done a different degree or not done one and got a job after a levels?
Original post by Dilzo999
Why did you want to go into accounting? It's seems a bit unusual for doing media if you wanted to get into accounting.

I wanted to do accounting when I was a child. I was kinda given the idea again.

Original post by hihoho
So you're essentially going to become a prostitute.

I don't need to whore myself for money since I don't really need the money.

Thank you, come again.

Original post by StevieA
Are you guys implying her degree is useless? You're probably one of those kids who think engineering and maths students are smarter and have better job prospects. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them op , gz on you degree! Do you have a job , do you still live at home?

I don't have a job yet but fingers crossed I'll get one soon.

I don't live at my parent's home. I live with my husband.

Original post by Stuffme
Congrats on the mickey mouse degree :smile:

Thank you, come again.

Original post by Lone tiger

:wink:

Original post by SmallTownGirl
Is cultural studies interesting? I'm starting sociology and cultural studies in September.

It is but depends on the case studies.

Original post by Maker
Were you aware of the difficult job situation in the media sector before you started your degree?

would you have done a different degree or not done one and got a job after a levels?

No I wasn't aware. I didn't do any research on media prior to me applying. It was a last minute thing after I refused to go into the course I was originally accepted in.

I was going to do ancient history and archaeology. My parents have some friends who promised to help me get a job in archaeology but as I said I change my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46

Thank you, come again.

I can only cum once.
Original post by hihoho
I can only cum once.

Then you really shouldn't be admitting to that then shouldn't you. :wink:
Reply 48
Original post by bertstare
I could learn that **** on the internet in half an hour

Cold world
Reply 49

Banana Milk or Strawberry Milk or Chocolate Milk?
Reply 50

What are you political leanings ?
Reply 51

Cats or Dogs?
Could I have fries with that?

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 54

Do you prefer Ice Lollies or Ice Cream?
Reply 55

where are you from?
which university did you go to? and if you could go to a different uni which one would it have been?
I think its terrible people are mocking your degree, its a totally legitimate degree and has a place in the modern world due to the amount of media we see everyday. I feel it unfair people are pressured into doing more intellectual degrees when their interests and skills are in maybe a less traditional degree. Best of luck with the future!
I applied for a "similar" (master) degree at KCL (Arts & Cultural Management), and although I was accepted, I was really insecure about the prospects in the area, so I deferred. I chose to do another program for now, but I'm still curious about it, the modules were really interesting. But it seemed like a course without a very clear structure, with kinda diffuse purpose. Do you agree?
Original post by Wee.Guy
Cats or Dogs?

Cats defintely

Original post by Harvey Dent
Could I have fries with that?

You should watch your weight.

Original post by Brit_Miller
Congratulations :smile:

Thank you!

Original post by Wee.Guy
Do you prefer Ice Lollies or Ice Cream?

Ice cream

Original post by Wee.Guy
where are you from?

Wales

Original post by maryamzahid
which university did you go to? and if you could go to a different uni which one would it have been?

I went to University of the Arts London. If things were different and I did a different course, I would have wanted to go to Exeter.

Original post by jimbo007
I think its terrible people are mocking your degree, its a totally legitimate degree and has a place in the modern world due to the amount of media we see everyday. I feel it unfair people are pressured into doing more intellectual degrees when their interests and skills are in maybe a less traditional degree. Best of luck with the future!

Thank you! :smile: Obviously I agree with you but sometimes I can't really blame people as not many understand what the degree is all about. Sadly the world we live in judges the book by it's cover. Media is a lot more than what people can see.

Quick Reply

Latest