The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Economics or Business Economics? Help!!!

I have been offered a place at Exeter which is my firm choice to study Business Economics but I'm having second thoughts. The reason why I chose Business Economics is because it has less math than Economics. However, I am now reconsidering my decision as I'm beginning to think I can handle the math. Should I change to Economics or I should stick with Business Economics? And also which one is easier to get a 1st class or a 2'1 in? If there's anyone studying any of the two I would really like to hear from you as well.
Reply 1
Original post by candy12
I have been offered a place at Exeter which is my firm choice to study Business Economics but I'm having second thoughts. The reason why I chose Business Economics is because it has less math than Economics. However, I am now reconsidering my decision as I'm beginning to think I can handle the math. Should I change to Economics or I should stick with Business Economics? And also which one is easier to get a 1st class or a 2'1 in? If there's anyone studying any of the two I would really like to hear from you as well.

Economics should be more broader than Bus Economics, as you can do a wider variety of modules (basing it on their names). It depends on your interests, is it the business aspects of economics you find appealing or the policy and social aspects of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I think I prefer the business aspect of it but I've gotten a bit more confident in math which is what I was running from, now I'm not sure of how difficult the math in economics is
Reply 3
Original post by candy12
I think I prefer the business aspect of it but I've gotten a bit more confident in math which is what I was running from, now I'm not sure of how difficult the math in economics is

Well it is going to be mathsy, both of them, economics more so. How difficult I really can't say as I won't be (hopefully) studying economics till September. If you prefer the business aspects more, do bus economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending