The Student Room Group

going to year 13 ...have no idea what to study in uni

I have no idea what to do... or how to figure out what to do.

I wrote this thread because I wanted to verbalize what I'm feeling... and in the hope that someone has the single magical answer I've been looking for..

Um yeah :/
You're unlikely to get an answer without giving people a little bit more to go on. What subjects currently interest you the most? Which are you best at? You don't need to have your life planned out at this stage. If you don't have a definitive idea of what to study at university your best bet would be to do what interests you, or take a year out to do something completely different and gain some wider ranging experience.
You have no idea what you want to study, yet you post this in the Law subsection.

ok.
Original post by ✈ ✈
You have no idea what you want to study, yet you post this in the Law subsection.

ok.

As the famous saying goes, if in doubt, ask a lawyer.
Reply 4
Original post by Crazy Jamie
You're unlikely to get an answer without giving people a little bit more to go on. What subjects currently interest you the most? Which are you best at? You don't need to have your life planned out at this stage. If you don't have a definitive idea of what to study at university your best bet would be to do what interests you, or take a year out to do something completely different and gain some wider ranging experience.

i enjoy psychology and business .... i get good grades in my subjects but am not exactly best at anything. and not one of my interest could ever manifest into a profession my parent won't let me take a year out cos that would mean entering uni at the age of 20 . and they are really traditional
Reply 5
Original post by ✈ ✈

ok.

my dad says i should study law because of my alevel subjects ,,business,history ,psychology and English lang and lit . knowing my dad am gonna have to do what he say but ...i have no doubt that i have no interest in law just as i had no interest in medicine in year 10.
Reply 6
Original post by madhatter17
my dad says i should study law because of my alevel subjects ,,business,history ,psychology and English lang and lit . knowing my dad am gonna have to do what he say but ...i have no doubt that i have no interest in law just as i had no interest in medicine in year 10.

Considering you will study the subject for a few years, you will need to be interested in it.

It may not link directly to a career, you may just enjoy the subject. If you are not sure what to study at uni then I would guess you don't know what career to do either. If this is the case, I advise you do something you enjoy and which gives transferable skills.

Deciding on a degree subject is not easy. You have to try to plan ahead a little bit, don't close too many doors for yourself. You want to keep your options open, if you don't have a career plan yet.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending