The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Qmul waiting list for september 2014 accommodation

Hi everybody,

I'm from Istanbul, Turkey and going to study Msc Marketing on September 2014/2015 in QMUL. I have applied to the college accommodation, but I'm not sure whether I'm in the waiting list or not. Does anyone know how to check the waiting list and see the ranking? Looking for your kind helps, thanks a lot from now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for accommodation about 10 days ago and got an email today from the housing services that I will probably be unable to get a place and should look for alternatives, but I'm still on their wait-list. So I guess they will be emailing you to update you about your housing application status :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
This is so weird, I live quite close to the Uni (in comparison to Istanbul lol) and I got offered accommodation?
Reply 3
Original post by i-love-coffee
This is so weird, I live quite close to the Uni (in comparison to Istanbul lol) and I got offered accommodation?

OMG! Really envy you right now! I'm an international student and on the wait list!!! :frown:
Original post by ABF3
OMG! Really envy you right now! I'm an international student and on the wait list!!! :frown:

What did you put down as your preferences?
Reply 5
What's a waiting list? Did you miss the deadline?
Reply 6
I'm also an international student on the waiting list! Any idea when they're going to declare the results? Like if we're in or not. How long will we have to wait?
Reply 7
What did you put down as your preferences?

Room Preference 1
-Mile End / Self Catering / En-suite Premium (£165 pw upwards)
Room Preference 2-Mile End / Self Catering / En-suite Standard (£150 pw upwards)
Room Preference 3-Mile End / Self Catering / En-suite Economy (£145 pw upwards)
Room Preference 4-Mile End / Self Catering / Single Standard (£125 pw upwards)
Room Preference 5-UoL Intercollegiate Hall / Single Catered (£190 pw upwards)
Reply 8

When did you apply to the accommodation? Mine was 30th of June :/
Hi All

Waiting lists are tricky things. You are usually added to a waiting list due to the fact all of the rooms are spoken for. This means that you are waiting for someone to cancel in order to free up a room. Establishments therefore cannot tell you when you will be notified of a room because it is based on students cancelling, which can not be anticipated!

My advice would be to look at alternative accommodation in the surrounding area. You can look into flat shares or private accommodation as there is a lot of this available in Mile End and East London. Please be aware though that availability for these places is also becoming more and more limited due to the time of the year. For example at Scape we have only 130 rooms remaining out of 588! You can then either decide to book a private room elsewhere or hold off on booking and remain on the waiting list for QMUL. If you do decide to book privately please be aware that you are accepting a legally binding contract and will be subject to it regardless. This means that if you are later offered a QMUL room, you will have to arrange with the accommodation provider a cancellation which may incur fees or require a replacement. The last thing you want to happen is to be stuck in two contracts for two rooms, paying both rents. You could however check with the providers or landlords regularly on availability. This way you can hold off on booking with someone else until the very last minute.

You can take a look on accommodation websites such as www.accommodationforstudents.com or www.padsforstudents.com as they show results for flat shares, house shares and private accommodation providers.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Good luck with finding accommodation!

- Ellie
Hello, I was accepted in Westminster for Msc in Marketing Communications,and Queen Mary as well.However QMUL declined their offer due to my IELTS score which was not bad at all : Overall score 7 - R7 L7.5 S7 W5.5 -due to my writing which wasn't a 6 !!!!! So, now Im considering ; should I choose Westminster or instead try to re-pass the IELTS and maybe try to enter in QMUL next september? Any clue anyone???? Really near some trust worthy opinion.

Many thanks, xxx
Reply 11
Original post by ABF3
I applied for accommodation about 10 days ago and got an email today from the housing services that I will probably be unable to get a place and should look for alternatives, but I'm still on their wait-list. So I guess they will be emailing you to update you about your housing application status :smile:

I am an international student and I am a waitilist as well. When did you applied for accommodation? :smile:
I think it may have been offered on a first come first served basis depending on when you applied. I applied on March 10th and was offered my first choice in Pooley House.
Reply 13
Yeah it is offered on a first come first served basis. Last year, I heard the deadline was June - this year it was May (blehhh)

I applied also, was on the waitlist but received an email saying they didn't offer me and I should look somewhere else.

I booked with unitestudents because I am an International Student and do not want to live far. I am in Pacific Court - hopefully I like it
Reply 14
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am looking at unitestudent too!! I am not sure it is good or not as I have to take underground to Queen Mary everyday.
Reply 15
Original post by psd96
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am looking at unitestudent too!! I am not sure it is good or not as I have to take underground to Queen Mary everyday.

No No It depends on what property you are in.

Pacific Court is 15mins walk away from QMUL

Rahere Court is only 1min walk - it is right opposite the campus

What property are you looking at?

Maybe you should check out those ones.
Reply 16
Original post by Zee1989
No No It depends on what property you are in.

Pacific Court is 15mins walk away from QMUL

Rahere Court is only 1min walk - it is right opposite the campus

What property are you looking at?

Maybe you should check out those ones.

Oh i see! This is still in Stratford One? I dont know anything about property :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by psd96
Oh i see! This is still in Stratford One? I dont know anything about property :smile:

Oh... Yaaa for Stradford one, you would have to take the tube and walk - it is almost 30mins in total

Take a look at this trip planner; it shows how long it is to get from Stradford One to QMUL:

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

If you think it is too far or you don't want to stay in Pacific and Rahere Court, check out:

http://www.scapeliving.com/home

Click on Scape East, it is only 3mins walk from QMUL and it is nice (from the pictures).
Reply 18
Original post by Zee1989
Oh... Yaaa for Stradford one, you would have to take the tube and walk - it is almost 30mins in total

Take a look at this trip planner; it shows how long it is to get from Stradford One to QMUL:

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

If you think it is too far or you don't want to stay in Pacific and Rahere Court, check out:

http://www.scapeliving.com/home

Click on Scape East, it is only 3mins walk from QMUL and it is nice (from the pictures).

The one that you mention earlier about Pacific and Rahere Court arent at Stratford one?
I looked at Scape East already. It is nice but the problem is I am still waiting for my Alevel results. So I am not sure will I get into qmul or not when my results come out. I guess I have to pay a deposite before my results come.
Reply 19
Original post by psd96
The one that you mention earlier about Pacific and Rahere Court arent at Stratford one?
I looked at Scape East already. It is nice but the problem is I am still waiting for my Alevel results. So I am not sure will I get into qmul or not when my results come out. I guess I have to pay a deposite before my results come.

No. Stratford One is just one of the properties under UniteStudents.

UniteStudents has a number of properties including Stratford One, Pacific Court and Rahere Court...

Check their website out: http://www.unite-students.com/pp1344860811061/London ....This link shows you the list of their properties

Again, if you want to live very close to the QMUL, make sure to look at the postal code of the property you like, and check how far it is from QMUL using the trip planner website I gave you

For UniteStudents, you can book a room and pay a deposit of 250 pounds but you have two weeks to get your refund back. So lets say for example, you book it today and pay the deposit, if within the next two weeks you haven't gotten your results back, call Unite to cancel it - they do not take your deposit from your credit card or whatever method of payment you provide, unless you do not cancel it within the two weeks. I think it might be the same for Scapeliving but I am not entirely sure - check their website.

I suggest that you reserve a room as soon as possible, as their rooms sell very fast. If within two weeks.. (or actually lets say 10 - 12days, just to be safe), you haven't heard anything about your results, just call Unite to cancel.

Do you have any idea as to when you should expect to receive your results? Or no?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending