The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpol Hope Primary PGCE 2014

Hi, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has been offered a place on the Primary PGCE at Liverpool Hope? I had my interview on the 17th July and found out on the 18th July that I had a place.

Has anyone else received an offer yet?

Mine is a conditional offer. I need to pass the skills tests first.

Hoping that some of the lovely people I met at interview have been offered places too!

Be lovely to hear from people before we start in Sept :smile:
Hi, I have an interview there this week. So I'll see how it goes, hopefully I will pass.
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
The interview day there wasn't too bad. The staff really made me feel at ease.

Good luck- hopefully you'll get a place!
Thanks (Y)
Hi there. I have a place for PGCE Primary. I've just passed my skills tests and planning on staying in St Julie's Halls. I had the interview a few weeks ago, it was a nice day really and I agree with Carla, the staff do make you feel at ease.
Cheers, I had my interview today and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Everyone of the 'interviewees' seemed to get on and there was no bitching while waiting around which I thought there might be. I did get stuck for things to say towards the end of my presentation and I was late because all trains were cancelled for a while. But the interviewees and teachers were saying my presentation was really good (don't know if they were taking the p). The woman from administration said "hopefully I'll talk to you tomorrow," so fingers crossed :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Hope it went well for you James! Everyone in my interview was nice too and I hope to see them in September. Have you already done your skills tests? Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for PGCE 2014?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I did my numeracy skills test on Wednesday. Just the literacy to pass now. Have you done yours? I've got my literacy this Wednesday. Have you received anything from Hope yet? I haven't seen a Facebook page for 2014. Would be nice to chat to more people who are starting in September.
Hi, good luck with your literacy test. I'm sure it will go well for you because I found it easier than the numeracy test. Although I passed the tests I still haven't got anything other than my offer letter. This is probably because I'm still waiting for my Enhanced CRB to come through.
Reply 9
Hi guys,

I did the PGCE course at Hope this year just gone (2013-14). You're in for an enjoyable ride that's for sure! You'll get to know and love Arthur too, he convenes the course.

Anyway, I have all my course books from this year just gone and was wondering if anyone wanted to take them all off my hands for a £100 quid, job lot? That price is flexible too. They're all worth more than a hundred quid, but it's a hassle listing them individually on ebay and just want them out from under my feet as soon as possible, really. They're all read, but unmarked and in good condition. You'll need to read most chapters in them at any stage of the year. The stuff on phonics, maths and science is especially useful in these books.

They are part of the required reading and the ones I have are as follows:

Primary English, Teaching theory and practice. Jane Medwell et al. 6th Ed.
Teaching primary science. Loxley, Dawes, Nicholls and Dore.
Understanding and teaching primary mathematics. Tony Cotton. 2nd ed.
Teaching systematic Synthetic phonics in primary schools. Joliffe and Waugh.
Reflective teaching. Pollard et al. 3rd ed.
Children, their world, their education. Final report and recommendations of the Cambridge Primary Review. Ed. by Robin Alexander.

Anyway if you're interested, PM me and we can sort that out!

Cheers, enjoy the coming year guys, it'll be gone before you know it!
Reply 10
Hey guys.

I've started a group on facebook for all Primary PGCE students to get together. My name is Danny Bicardi Smith. Add me for more info.
Hi Danny, that's great. My name's Daniel Fowler, but I thought it would be funny to mess about with my name on Facebook and now I can't change it for a while and so I will come up as Vogelaar Daniel.
I hardly ever use Facebook but I'll join the group if I reactivate my account LOL
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending