The Student Room Group

Guys , would you marry a girl who's had sex with over 20 guys?

Poll

Would you?

I certainly wouldn't lol. Adding a poll. And some related stats .

Women who cohabit prior to marriage or who have premarital sex have an increased likelihood of marital disruption. Considering the joint effects of premarital cohabitation and premarital sex, as well as histories of premarital relationships, extends previous research. The most salient finding from this analysis is that women whose intimate premarital relationships are limited to their husbands—either premarital sex alone or premarital cohabitation—do not experience an increased risk of divorce. It is only women who have more than one intimate premarital relationship who have an elevated risk of marital disruption. This effect is strongest for women who have multiple premarital coresidental unions

http://socialpathology.blogspot.ro/2010/09/sexual-partner-divorce-risk.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R-WhB9g9eYk/TJDSr8V_ShI/AAAAAAAAAOg/VmMGTymAVcI/s400/teachman
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Doesn't matter how much she's had before you as long as she's your last. Simple as that.

Now if she is 18 and she's had 20 partners already... it would be at the very least bizarre. But if she's 30 then I think there is nothing wrong. Depends on her personality - you can tell a slut by her behaviour.
As long as she is disease free.
Yup.

The only prerequisite, whether :undefined:he'd slept with one or one hundred people would be that they'd been careful with their sexual health (regular sexual health tests, appropriate use of contraception etc.). Sexual history means extremely little to me in choosing a partner; past is past.
i would merk that ting then log it off like an xbox.
Reply 5
Original post by Freudian Slip
Yup.

The only prerequisite, whether :undefined:he'd slept with one or one hundred people would be that they'd been careful with their sexual health (regular sexual health tests, appropriate use of contraception etc.). Sexual history means extremely little to me in choosing a partner; past is past.

You must have missed the ''guys'' part in the title.
Original post by StevieA
You must have missed the ''guys'' part in the title.

I've slept with women, so that's my two cents.
Reply 7
I've slept with women, so that's my two cents.

Whatever. And btw, previous history does matter. The more partners a woman has before marriage, the more likely is it that the relationship will fail.

It is only women who have more than one intimate premarital relationship who have an elevated risk of marital disruption. This effect is strongest for women who have multiple premarital coresidental unions.

Original post by StevieA
Whatever. And btw, previous history does matter. The more partners a woman has before marriage, the more likely is it that the relationship will fail.

Saw you'd referred to 'Blogspot' as 'source', decided not to bother checking it, lul.
Reply 9
Saw you'd referred to 'Blogspot' as 'source', decided not to bother checking it, lul.

He links the study if you bothered to actually read.
Would you ever know to make the decision anyway?
Original post by StevieA

I don't really care, to be honest; I'm sure there are plenty of other studies that contradict that one, as well as studies that support it (and likely studies of males, not just women), none would strike me as being conclusive evidence of anything. If ever I get married, I'll get back to you and let you know how it works out.
If women didn't put out as much, there'd be far more elliot Rodger cases.

Men you should be thankful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StevieA

Also, that paper is a decade old, using data from almost two decades ago... it's hardly a contemporary source.
Not a guy but just saying, I'd marry a guy who'd done the same so long as he didn't cheat during the relationship therefore I don't see why the attitude shouldn't be the same the other way round.
If I was getting married right now, to someone in my age group (I'm 18), no I would not because that's a lot of men at this age. Later down the line and possibly this isn't so shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't believe in marriage but for a relationship I wouldn't care.
Original post by StevieA
Hey , I have a question too : why do all lesbian feminists dye their hair red? Does it actually symbolize something ?

Since I'm not a lesbian, nor identify as a true feminist, there's no way I could possibly answer that for you - I will, however, do you the courtesy of ignoring that attack on my appearance, since I'm in a generous mood this morning and since it's obvious it stems from your inability to accept people having opinions contrary to your own.

I also did you the courtesy of reading that paper and just wanted to say I, like the author of said blog, am also capable of cherry-picking information / data to suit the purposes of my argument. From that paper, here's the counter arguments to their own brash claims:

'This research is limited by a lack of information pertaining to the relationship histories of men and to marriages formed prior to 1995 and of short duration. As changes in premarital sex and co-habitation occur, it'd prove useful to consider effects of these variables on marriage stability'.

'Unfortunately, this research doesn't provide any information that allows us to better determine whether the effect of having multiple premarital relationships is based on differences in preexisting characteristics, tied to risk of divorce, or whether having multiple relationships generates environments where relationship skills, attitudes or values about the permanency of marriage are somehow altered'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Women who have had their entire lives crippled by social and religious morality and have been taught to behave like good little housewives are less likely to have an affair? Who'd have thought it?

Useless study. I've seen it ripped apart so many times I even knew the title and author before I clicked on it.

As to the question, yes. Not if she was 18, but 20 isn't that outlandish a number when you're older.
Original post by StevieA
Well, you said you slept with women... And you're not a feminist? Don't you believe men and women should be equal? :hmmm:

Women don't care about the guy's history so it doesn't matter, in fact the more ''experienced'' the guy is the better. Why do you think ''playas'' keep getting so much action?

Thank you for ignoring my ''attack'' on your appearance, you are most generous (because asking why you dye your hair a certain color is an insult somehow ??). I froze for a second and gulped in fear but I'm OK now.

Since you've obviously had a quick stalk through my profile, you can see my sexual orientation is listed on there.

Lul at your complete inability to consider individual differences that might contribute to marriage dissolution, aside from promiscuity amongst women. Your agenda is so transparent, it's unreal. Of the two of us, you have the degree in gender studies, so surely you know all of the answers. I'm done entertaining you, you're a child.

I like the colour red, perhaps? **** me, anyone would think you could dye your hair and it'd just be a preference, but no... I have to have an agenda. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest