The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 1
I really don’t want to admit to knowing but unfortunately I do, there aint a CS or CS:s-smilie: society but there is Reading LAN you can check out the web site via the societies page of the RUSU site
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
ReadingLAN organise one day and weekend LAN events, we are intending to have one day events again this autumn and a weekend event located 20 miles or so from the Uni (transport provided) in the Spring term. Check for the latest news at www.readinglan.com.

The website is currently limited after someone played with the database and we had to re design the site. Rest assured we are stilol active and dates for our first events sohuld be posted in the next 2-3weeks when we have bookings confirmed.

Oh and we do play CS.
Reply 3
=D woooo CS-tastic
I too play CS:s-smilie:ource [and can play CS 1.6 and CZ]...I heard it mentioned that after meal times in one hall, some guys would play some CS together [I assume in their own rooms, just agreeing on one particular server to play on.]
Reply 5
CS:s-smilie: is amazing. Great time killer haha.

If anyone fancies a game sometime my Steam name is darek_n
Reply 6
I've tried other people's but I just seem to die all the time over and over again...
Reply 7
I haven't actually played since the day I got 14 kills to 8 deaths.

It was a proud moment...
Reply 8
Heh I gave up after CS 1.6 but I might take it up again to "make friends" :p:
Reply 9
Psh... I wish more people would play Battlefield 2 >=O I demand you all buy it! CS is a classic game... atleast you know very few people will not have it :smile:
I've got the original Battlefield but by the time I got into the MP side of it everyone was miles better at it than me so I gave up :frown:
Reply 11
I think the real question is - do the readinglan guys play anything other than CS? (I really hope the answer's yes...)
Reply 12
Yes, we play CS but it's not our favourite, most of us are UT2004/Deathball/BF2 oh and Quake 3 junkies :smile:

We play whatever there is demand for, Dawn of War was popular last event and we had a bit of a Total Anhiliation comeback which was a laugh.
Reply 13
Skyrunner
Yes, we play CS but it's not our favourite, most of us are UT2004/Deathball/BF2 oh and Quake 3 junkies :smile:

We play whatever there is demand for, Dawn of War was popular last event and we had a bit of a Total Anhiliation comeback which was a laugh.

I do know many of them, but a bit of retro Total Anhiliation wud b ace! That was the first game i ever bought i think
Reply 14
Dr Doughnut
I do know many of them, but a bit of retro Total Anhiliation wud b ace! That was the first game i ever bought i think

It certainly did remind me of the good old days of the null modem cable :smile:

Join the forums, we often organise net games or have the RL server running (if we finally upgrade the ram).
Reply 15
For CS do you need a good Graphics card or will a Dell Dimention 4700's G Card work?
Thanks
Reply 16
Depends what card you have in that system of yours... If it's Dell's onboard one, then it may pull CS, but definitely will struggle with CS:s-smilie:...

My new 512MB X1900XT should be comming through within a few days now :biggrin:.
I LOVE CS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we used to play it at skool lol, from the labs to the study room UBER LAGGING the wireless broadband we had! :biggrin: hahaha those were the times, espesh when the IT guy would come up and try n find the culprits for crashing the server! LMAO
CANT WAIT!
Reply 18
I haven't played CS in about 7 years... wow can it really have been out that long?!

I'm not very good at first person shoot them ups due to eye problems, I tend to prefer MMORPGs instead.

Latest

Trending

Trending