The Student Room Group

Can a man slap a woman if she hurts his feelings?

So many times in movies, shows or real life the woman slaps the man because he just said something that hurt her feelings and nobody even blinks at her violent reaction, if anything it is seen as appropriate and the man deserved it (see the recent case of JayZ when the most asked question was ''what did he do?''). So I ask you, would it be as acceptable if a man slapped a woman every single time she hurt his feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It isn't acceptable for man a to do it. But is for a woman. Just one of those things.
Original post by 8472
It isn't acceptable for man a to do it. But is for a woman. Just one of those things.

Its stupid imo
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Mason
Its stupid imo

Yep. Just like if there is a sinking ship with a man and a woman on but they can only save one it'll be the woman.

Great video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA
Reply 4
Original post by 8472

But that's sexist against women. It implies women are dominated by their emotions and can't help themselves and that they are weaker than men so they can't handle being hit by one (both false, stereotypical and patronizing views obviously that shouldn't still be around in this day and age).
Reply 5
only if he doesn't charge up to super saiyan level first
Reply 6
Original post by StevieA
But that's sexist against women. It implies women are dominated by their emotions and can't help themselves and that they are weaker than men so they can't handle being hit by one (both false, stereotypical and patronizing views obviously that shouldn't still be around in this day and age).

It doesn't have to imply it. It could imply that they are the dominate ones as men know not to hit a woman. Not true but it is what it is. Females have things they can do more exclusively and so do males. Being exactly equal would be wrong. Is a male builder going to be better? Yes most of the time. He will be stronger so... However? Is a female midwife better? Yes.. they are female so understand down there and "mothering better". It is what it is.
Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.
Reply 8
It is perfectly fine imo. "fighting for equality" but can't get hit by a man?
It's not okay for a man to hit a man or a man to hit a woman or vice versa for such reasons.

End of story.
Technically yes, but imo slapping anyone just because they hurt your feelings just seems like an overly female thing to do....so I personally would save the slaps for if they actually deserved it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 8472

How can she slap?!
Original post by Maid Marian
Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.

But if you slapped him, his feels would hurt more:cry2:
I can't find a link for it now but I remember watching a good video displaying a scene of domestic violence, in a public place where in one scenario the man pushes the women up to a fence, this creates a reaction from the public coming over yo help the woman, getting the man off her. Roles reversed the public pretty much just laugh at the guy for not being able to stand up for himself and make no attempt to get the woman off the man. It's not the exact same situation as a slap, but it showed that domestic violence isn't good or funny whichever gender is abusing the other.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xknb8_wild-domestic-violence-social-experiment_lifestyle

Edit, included a link for that video, I know it's not the same as a slap, but you could say a slap could be the start of domestic violence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
How can she slap!

[video="youtube;ndX2RFHmMNg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndX2RFHmMNg[/video]
Original post by Robbo-92
I can't find a link for it now but I remember watching a good video displaying a scene of domestic violence, in a public place where in one scenario the man pushes the women up to a fence, this creates a reaction from the public coming over yo help the woman, getting the man off her. Roles reversed the public pretty much just laugh at the guy for not being able to stand up for himself and make no attempt to get the woman off the man. It's not the exact same situation as a slap, but it showed that domestic violence isn't good or funny whichever gender is abusing the other.

Yes, that's a YouTube video. I have seen it too. Pretty funny - but sexist!
Original post by alexschmalex
Technically yes, but imo slapping anyone just because they hurt your feelings just seems like an overly female thing to do....so I personally would save the slaps for if they actually deserved it

Not without white knights scrambling to rugby tackle you lmao.
it is wrong for any individual to initiate violence unless in self defence
if a woman slapped me for "hurting her feelings" I'd *punch* her back;
violence is a man's game, so if she wants to play that game, she's inviting me to treat her like a man as well
you can't just expect the other side to just stand there and take it; you don't have a license to not be offended in this world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by getfunky!
But if you slapped him, his feels would hurt more:cry2:

Why?
It's not acceptable in Western society's eyes (although it is in many asian countries'), but as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be acceptable for a woman to slap a man either.

Latest