The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Met my offer, but no unconditional offer yet!

Right, i know I'm freaking out, but i have been craving this moment since i started My Access course.

I got an conditional offer from UoM for International Management with American Business Studies. I worked so hard to get into this course and they asked me a B in GCSE Maths, 6.5 in IELTS and 45 credits at Level 3 (over 60) with 30 distinction and 15 merits.

My results got published the 15 of July and I got a B in GCSE Maths, 8 in IELTS, 39 Distinctions and 6 Merits.
MMU was my insurance choice and they sent me an unconditional offer the 16th of July so why is UoM not writing me back yet?

I just want to get everything sorted before my holidays. Pay for the hall (also if I get my hall offer before A levels students I have more chance to get my first choice) etc..

Once they made a conditional offer they can't take it back, can they??

As I said before, I know I'm freaking out, but thanks for reading!
(edited 9 years ago)
It could be just a processing time - maybe they won't process it until A-level results day(when the bulk of candidates will meet their offers).

You will probably be best to ring them (or e-mail as it's the weekend) and see what they say :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Have you contacted the university to let them know about your results? IIRC unis aren't automatically informed of Access course results, and they're certainly not automatically informed of GCSE results.

If you're certain that the uni does know, it's probably just that they're taking a while to process things. This can be a bit annoying, but rest assured that if you have met your offer then the uni can't randomly rescind it.
I had this problem too, I got my results on the 6th and only got an offer on Friday. I think one of the problems was that my results were sent to the uni rather than specifically the Business School. Maybe this is an issue? I'd contact the business school to check that they can access your results. If you've met your offer it should be fine. It might just be that you'll hear within a few days as they didn't get a chance to see before the weekend.
Hi everyone! So i finally decided to call even if I'm abroad and it came out that they didn't received my email with all the scanned copies of the certificates.
I sent it again and I got my unconditional offer 2 days after! So i'm nearly officially a UoM undergraduate :smile:

Thanks everyone for your help! Now I got a problem with accommodation though ahah
Hi all,
I have sent my results more than two weeks and they haven't answer me yet.
I have told me that a decision would be done in the next few days but it is still unconditional!

Ps: are they doubting about the authenticity of the documents!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Now I am reall:mad::mad: by the Manchester business school! I sent my document which certifies that I met my requirements on 6th July too. After 2 weeks I emailed them. They told me that a decision was currently pending on my application and I was supposed to wait 2 days to see on my UCAS track the result. I waited for 4 days and nothing had changed. So last Monday I emailed them again, and they just asked for my UCAS ID number. I honestly don't know what to think! This is really annoying...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Try to call and they will update everything while on the phone. When is on the system you will get it in two days, but now cuss is down till Monday 4th!
Original post by fra612
Hi all,
I have sent my results more than two weeks and they haven't answer me yet.
I have told me that a decision would be done in the next few days but it is still unconditional!

Ps: are they doubting about the authenticity of the documents!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speak to them - at a guess they may require notarised copies or perhaps original copies in freshers week.

If you've met the requirements though, you're definitely in :yep:

Original post by aaminel
Now I am reall:mad::mad: by the Manchester business school! I sent my document which certifies that I met my requirements on 6th July too. After 2 weeks I emailed them. They told me that a decision was currently pending on my application and I was supposed to wait 2 days to see on my UCAS track the result. I waited for 4 days and nothing had changed. So last Monday I emailed them again, and they just asked for my UCAS ID number. I honestly don't know what to think! This is really annoying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't sound ideal, but if you've met your offer they can't not take you, even if they are dragging their heels a little! I'd also suggest ringing them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. I've got a Conditional Offer for Politics + IR at Manchester, and I got my Access certificate at the start of this week. I got the grades I needed so I posted it on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday. However, nothing has changed on Track. Of my friends on the course, some got their Unconditional offers as soon as their certificates arrived at their Firm or Insurance choice Unis, others like me are waiting. It seems that each Uni does their own thing. One of my friends got what she needed for her Insurance choice and they've acknowledged her result, but they've said can't change her offer on Track until she's declined by her Firm choice.
Original post by JohnnyBoy13
Hi guys. I've got a Conditional Offer for Politics + IR at Manchester, and I got my Access certificate at the start of this week. I got the grades I needed so I posted it on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday. However, nothing has changed on Track. Of my friends on the course, some got their Unconditional offers as soon as their certificates arrived at their Firm or Insurance choice Unis, others like me are waiting. It seems that each Uni does their own thing. One of my friends got what she needed for her Insurance choice and they've acknowledged her result, but they've said can't change her offer on Track until she's declined by her Firm choice.

Ho there! I have emailed UoM and they told me that I have unconditional offer but I didn't receive any access certificate. As regards UCAS track, I am told that it has limited functionality and updates will begin the 4th august.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by fra612
Ho there! I have emailed UoM and they told me that I have unconditional offer but I didn't receive any access certificate. As regards UCAS track, I am told that it has limited functionality and updates will begin the 4th august.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told exactly the same thing! And I still haven't received any access certificate neither!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
i havent recieved anything to do with my results for the access course i did yet... i'm starting to get really twisty, as im going away soon... and its been a month and a half since everything was moderated and i finished college...

do they get sent to my house? or what? i'm really confused and worried that i am not going to get anywhere close to my accom choices... the worst thing is i cant afford any of the others...
Original post by JohnnyBoy13

I received my Unconditional offer this morning when Track re-opened. Hope you all did too.
Finally got my unconditional offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending