The Student Room Group

Can I get into small clubs with the following ID...

Hey,

i was wondering if I'm able to get into small clubs such as there's a small one near me called "level one" and I was wondering if I used an expired passport which ran out in 2011 (I still look like the photo), My bank card and My student crd which sas I'm 18 with a recent picture with me on?

PLEASE HELP
why are u going clubbing? focus on the deen brother
How has your passport expired 3 years ago if you're 18 :confused:

Edit: oh, a parent's expired passport, nvm

They probably won't care as long as it shows you're 18
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I use an expired passport as a form of ID and I'm 13/14 in the picture but I'm 19 now. I've never had any problems

Edit: That being said, I have heard of places which have a policy not to accept out of date forms of ID
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
My passport expired in 2011(I'm 16 on the photo and 29 now) and I've used it as ID in shops and pubs with no problem since then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Technically places don't have to accept it and most up here don't from what I've heard. I think it's because people used to give their old passports to younger people to use for id. But they might stoll accept it, hit and miss really. You not got a provisional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
My passport expired in 2011(I'm 16 on the photo and 29 now) and I've used it as ID in shops and pubs with no problem since then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why I found this soo funny, why haven't you updated it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
I don't know why I found this soo funny, why haven't you updated it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I haven't been abroad in the last three years and not planning on going anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
How has your passport expired 3 years ago if you're 18 :confused:

Edit: oh, a parent's expired passport, nvm

They probably won't care as long as it shows you're 18

Because it could be one that expired when the OP was 15... Children's passports only last five years.
Original post by gemmam
Because I haven't been abroad in the last three years and not planning on going anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not planning to change jobs either? I've always had to show my passport to prove I'm a British citizen.
Reply 10
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Not planning to change jobs either? I've always had to show my passport to prove I'm a British citizen.

You can also use your birth certificate or driving license for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Because it could be one that expired when the OP was 15... Children's passports only last five years.

I didn't know you could get children's passports. I thought you were just on a parent's until you were 18
Reply 12
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I didn't know you could get children's passports. I thought you were just on a parent's until you were 18

That used to be the case years ago, my brother and I used to be on my dad's (although if you were traveling without the parent whose passport you were on you needed your own, my sister got her own at 13 because she went abroad with school) but they changed the rules in the early noughties. When we went to go on holiday when I was 16 I got a 10 year adult one and my brother got a children's one which lasted 5 years as he was 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending