The Student Room Group

Unintentional Gap Year. What to do?

Hi!

I applied to London drama schools this year. I got into one and accepted the place and the funding they gave me only to discover I can't get any help whatsoever with paying the remainder of the fees.

So, basically, I've been forced to take a year out to save up to reapply next year and actually afford my fees, funding or not!

To be honest, I feel pretty damn lost. I had everything planned out in my head, I was so excited I finally had my dream! And I've had to let it go for now.

I have a vague plan in my head for the year but nothing's set in stone yet. I've been applying for jobs left, right and centre but for now no one seems to want to hire me. I already have two Saturday jobs but they don't pay enough to put anything away to save up.

All my friends from my graduating year in college are all away to continue studying somewhere else, my younger friends are still in college. I have nothing to do. I've been so busy in college for the past 2 years I don't know what to do with myself right now!

In short, I feel pretty damn helpless right now.
I know a gap year isn't the end of the world but I feel so lost!

Any advice?
Reply 1
If you already have two Saturday jobs then clearly you are INCORRECT that NOONE wants to hire you. You are just whining...

Quick Reply

Latest