The Student Room Group

Is this socially acceptable?

Scroll to see replies

My Mum is 3 years older than my Dad and they've been happily married for 20 something years
It's fine, you're both adults now
Reply 22
I was 6 with a 12, 15 with a 24, 21 with a 38. Now singoo at 22 but mingling with a 42 yr old. I personally like my men older.

Edit, as some people think that because they're having sex that I meant sex:
Obviously when I was 6 I wasn't having sex.
(edited 9 years ago)
When you love someone, age doesn't really matter. My only concern is men tend to mature later than women. Not always, but in my personal experience they do. I dated a guy of 19, when I was 21 and he just all over the place, into me one minute, off the next, so it only lasted a month.

Now I'm dating a guy 4 years older and it feels like we're at the same maturity level. So as long as you think he's mature then go for it.
Reply 24
age is irrelevant. its all about how you feel.

if you wanna be with him, be with him.

I got with a girl 5 years younger than me, was a great relationship better than the 1 i had with someone the same age.
Reply 25
Original post by RowingGoose
When you love someone, age doesn't really matter. My only concern is men tend to mature later than women. Not always, but in my personal experience they do. I dated a guy of 19, when I was 21 and he just all over the place, into me one minute, off the next, so it only lasted a month.

Now I'm dating a guy 4 years older and it feels like we're at the same maturity level. So as long as you think he's mature then go for it.

I totally agree with that. I've observed most guys mature quite late. The guy I'm with has actually matured inside quite early. I feel that he's a real gentleman and not a boy.
Reply 26
Original post by ApeMob
I was 6 with a 12, 15 with a 24, 21 with a 38. Now singoo at 22 but mingling with a 42 yr old. I personally like my men older.

You were 6 and he was 12? troll post? Anyway I don't care, it's your life, do what you want.
Reply 27
Original post by zahra91
You were 6 and he was 12? troll post? Anyway I don't care, it's your life, do what you want.

Do you know who I am? I'm just stating my history of liking and getting along better with older guys. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
The gap is negligible. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by zahra91
Before I start I'll say that I get self-conscious easily.
I'm really into a guy that's nearly three years younger than me. I hope it works out because he's really made me fall in love. Mainly his personality. My question is, Is it seen as socially acceptable for a guy to be over two years younger in a relationship? I mean a proper intimate relationship leading to marriage. Even if people say no, it won't change anything, but I want to know about if other people, especially other girls will see it as socially unacceptable to see another girl getting married to a guy that's nearly three years younger than her.

Not strange at all! I know a lot of happily married couples, with the woman being older by a few years, few being 4/5...
Reply 30
Original post by ApeMob
Do you know who I am? It doesn't mean sex you idiot. Now go rob the cradle. I'm just stating my history of liking and getting along better with older guys. :rolleyes:

I didn't imply sex. In fact I'm not having sex until I'm married myself. But I guess it's kind of cute, kids being in romantic relationships(not sex).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending