The Student Room Group

Investment banking internships - off cycle.

Hi,

I'm looking into applying for off cycle internships for IB in the coming year (2015).

I am aware that recruitment ususally starts around this time and has started for some firms already.

However, the ones I can find are Nomura - which are only offering a London/Paris programme? and it seems GS have opened intership applications for off cycle but not IB (not option there).

Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Also around what dates will other firms open their applications?

Thanks for your time.
Original post by donni138
Hi,

I'm looking into applying for off cycle internships for IB in the coming year (2015).

I am aware that recruitment ususally starts around this time and has started for some firms already.

However, the ones I can find are Nomura - which are only offering a London/Paris programme? and it seems GS have opened intership applications for off cycle but not IB (not option there).

Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Also around what dates will other firms open their applications?

Thanks for your time.

It all revolves around business needs. If they don't need an intern to do the small work, they won't advertise the position. It also depends on when they need the intern, so keep checking to see if positions come up.

I would look especially at bnp Paribas and Soc gen. They recruit off cycles heavily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, I will look into them.

I'm a graduate but not from a finance background and I'm trying to get my foot in the door.
Do you know if these type of off-cycle internships are tailored towards students or graduates? I know summer internships are for the penultimate years but it does not seem to say on the off-cycle ones.
Original post by donni138
Thanks for the reply, I will look into them.

I'm a graduate but not from a finance background and I'm trying to get my foot in the door.
Do you know if these type of off-cycle internships are tailored towards students or graduates? I know summer internships are for the penultimate years but it does not seem to say on the off-cycle ones.

Tailored to both. As long as you can work when and for how long they want it's all good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending