The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Assuming that you aren't a troll...
If you carry through and marry a girl, good on you bro. Takes major courage to do that.

No I'm actually not a troll, I know to other people it may appear that way but in Islamic society, it's a huge issue, like noooothing like the way it's viewed/treated in non Muslim societies. But thanks for that comment, I really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
No I'm actually not a troll, I know to other people it may appear that way but in Islamic society, it's a huge issue, like noooothing like the way it's viewed/treated in non Muslim societies. But thanks for that comment, I really appreciate it :smile:

Would you ever tell your wife or not?

I would understand if not.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Would you ever tell your wife or not?

I would understand if not.

I said earlier I'm really not sure if I'd tell my wife tbh, I guess I'll just have to see how it works out.
Original post by DiamondsForever
May I kindly correct you, if you are homosexual then you are not a Muslim.

I am sorry but this is one of the most idiotic replies I've ever seen on TSR. What he 'believes' makes him a Muslim, not what he 'is' or what he can't help to be.

Islam has only five conditions according to Kur'an:

1)Shahadah: accepting that there is only one God and Muhammad is God's messenger.

2)Salat: Ritual prayer five times a day

3)Zakat: Giving a certain amount of your savings (2.5%) to the poor

4)Sawm: Self control in the holy month of Ramadan

5)Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca

I do not see 'sexual attraction towards the opposite sex only' now, do you?

Being gay might not be considered as a good thing, but it certainly does not make him "non-Muslim" as it is not one of the five main conditions.
Original post by euphorie
I am sorry but this is one of the most idiotic replies I've ever seen on TSR. What he 'believes' makes him a Muslim, not what he 'is' or what he can't help to be.

1)Shahadah: accepting that there is only one God and Muhammad is God's messenger.

Being gay might not be considered as a good thing, but it certainly does not make him "non-Muslim" as it is not one of the five main conditions.

Thank you :smile: Everyone makes mistakes, everyone sins, everyone has slips of faith (not that I have), but that doesn't make them no longer a Muslim :') After all, Allah is the most forgiving.

Hun, it is a major sin to be gay in Islam, but I don't believe it takes you out of the religion:smile: If you have proof however please share.

May I kindly correct you, you can be a homosexual and Muslim, it is homosexual actions that is a sin. It's like alcohol, both alcohol and homosexual acts are forbidden.

No I don't, I can still love someone unconditionally, and what else am I meant to do? Can't marry a man can I? xD

As a Muslim, I think it's brave and admirable that with these feelings, you can think rationally. I presume that you haven't made homosexual actions? If you were to get married, would you tell your wife and how do you think your marriage would work?
Original post by euphorie

You can not be practicing homosexuality and practicing Islam at the same time.
If one is not firm on the five pillars of Islam does that make you a true believer?

Watch this youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLF-CY-Eg
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Diamante06
May I kindly correct you, you can be a homosexual and Muslim, it is homosexual actions that is a sin. It's like alcohol, both alcohol and homosexual acts are forbidden.

As a Muslim, I think it's brave and admirable that with these feelings, you can think rationally. I presume that you haven't made homosexual actions? If you were to get married, would you tell your wife and how do you think your marriage would work?

watch this youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLF-CY-Eg

We ask Allah to guide us and protect us
Do your parents/friends/family know you’re homosexual? Do you think homosexuality is a choice?? What country specifically are you from?
Go
Reply 90

What ruling in the Quran and Hadith says that if you do big sins you’re not a Muslim? I want a reference:smile:
Original post by Nm5
What ruling in the Quran and Hadith says that if you do big sins you’re not a Muslim? I want a reference:smile:

Whats the point of following a religion when you are going against its rules anyways?
And no matter how big your sins are once you repent its forgiven but if you decide to stay within the sin and live with it, then its obviously an issue!
But I am a guy tho >.<

Yeah obv I am. Being sexually attracted to men isn't a sin, homosexual acts are, right?

No I don't, I can still love someone unconditionally, and what else am I meant to do? Can't marry a man can I? xD

Um, if you are into guys why not marry one?
Reply 93
Whats the point of following a religion when you are going against its rules anyways?
And no matter how big your sins are once you repent its forgiven but if you decide to stay within the sin and live with it, then its obviously an issue!

What do you mean??? Some Muslims still do believe in Allah and ALL of His rules but can’t control themselves so they’re not Muslims anymore??? You kicking people out of their religion as if you’re God is the main issue here!! You can be a reason in someone saying “you know what if sinning means I’m out of Islam then what’s the point of repenting anyways???” Advice then but do not make it seem like it’s either you listen to the rules and do them or you’re out of the religion. Again other than doing shirk or basically not believing or doubting Allah, a person IS a Muslim if they say so and even if you pray and fast and don’t do big sins the sinning person may be bigger in the Eyes of Allah, you never know their hearts so please stop this narrative💕 I’m advising you to stop as this may result in Allah getting angry as you’re hating and kicking people out 💛

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending