The Student Room Group

I got accepted in some universities, but ..

Greetings ladies and gentlemen :biggrin: !

I got accepted in
1) Uni of Manchester
2) Uni of Bristol
3) Uni of southampton
4) Uni of Nottingham

I received an unconditional offer from these universities. I also applied for University of Edinburgh but I did not get any reply yet, they are suppose to give me a reply on the 17th of July :confused:

Anyways, Could anyone advise me to which of these universities I have to pick. Please right the reason why you think it is the best. I hope your choice be based on the university and the city also. Or Just arrange them in order of which is better in your prospective :smile:

by the way it is an Engineering Foundation course.

I'll be waiting for your suggestions :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
what course specifically? and Bristol is known for having a very good eng dept.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabulkid
what course specifically? and Bristol is known for having a very good eng dept.

I just fixed my post, thanks.

My course is Engineering Foundation.
Original post by Oxje
Greetings ladies and gentlemen :biggrin: !

I got accepted in
1) Uni of Manchester
2) Uni of Bristol
3) Uni of southampton
4) Uni of Nottingham

I received an unconditional offer from these universities. I also applied for University of Edinburgh but I did not get any reply yet, they are suppose to give me a reply on the 17th of July :confused:

Anyways, Could anyone advise me to which of these universities I have to pick. Please right the reason why you think it is the best. I hope your choice be based on the university and the city also. Or Just arrange them in order of which is better in your prospective :smile:

I'll be waiting for your suggestions :colondollar:

I don't usually care about this, but your post is a litany of grammatical mistakes :s-smilie:

They are all good universities, of which nothing more particularly useful can be said without knowing your subject; preferably pick according to your interests and liking of the campus' and cities.
I see that you've edited your post, in which case (and I know near nothing about engineering): Ludwig Wittgenstein famously studied Mechanical Engineering at Manchester before becoming obsessed with the foundations of mathematics and fleeing to Cambridge to pursue Bertrand Russell, which is reason enough for anyone to study engineering there; I have heard that Bristol has a strong reputation in the subject.
Manchester's foundation course is supposed to be pretty good.
Reply 6
I would do the foundation course at the university you intend to do the full degree at.
Depends on which engineering discipline you want to go into, for EEE or Chem I'd say Manchester, Bristol for Mech, Southampton for Civil

Quick Reply

Latest