The Student Room Group

Friend got wasted and my mom is pissed at me!

So I went out last night for one of my close friends birthday, not to a club or anything just a restaurant-bar which had some ladies night deal on. My friends just gone through a breakup with her long term bf plus not a lot of people she invited could make it so I felt bad for her and the few of us there wanted to give her a good time. It ended up being just the two of us past midnight and our of nowhere she starts throwing up everywhere, at the bar, at our table.. Had to take her to the loo where she just lay on the floor and tarted crying and asking me to call her ex. It was around 1 by now and I had my phone on silent, completely lost track of time and that I had told my parents id be back in half an hour at 12. Was solely focused on taking care of my friend, holding her hair back etc.

I texted my parents about what was going on finally and was like oh I'll just drop her home in a cab n then come back n my mom was furious she's like your dad is coming to pick you guys up right now, who gave you the right to think you can go around in a cab at 1.30 alone with a drunk girl blah blah. My dad dropped her home n now my mom
is pissed at me she says I should've called them as soon as she started throwing up and not wait for them to give me a million missed calls. I apologised for some if that but also argued that I was completely fine and it's not my fault she got drunk n my mom got even more pissed coz I was "missing the point".

I've apologised more n my mom is slightly less angry now but she's like you're not to see that friend or go out with her ever ask and this has got me pissed. My mom does tend to exaggerate when she's angry so I'm hoping she doesn't actually mean that but this girl is one of my closest friends in my hometown n I don't want there to be a cloud over us hanging out or meeting up now.

oh and I should mention, I go to uni in the uk but am international and back home for summer now- I'm 21 and it's really irritating to have to answer to my parent about what time I'm coming home n stuff but my parents are like if you're living under our roof our rules too. I mean fair enough and I generally have a really good relationship with my parents, they know what I'm up to and if I'm going out drinking which is unusual amongst my friends because,. Asians lol. It's just absurd to me though that I can go out clubbing till 4 am in the uk, live on my own and stuff but when I come back home for the holidays they treat me like a teenager again.

Anyways I guess I just want to know how to deal with this, sorry for the massive essay, I don't want to have to stop seeing this friend because she's one of the few good friends who's home this summer and obv she's a close friend in general. I feel like my moms being too controlling, I mean I get reprimanding your own daughter but as long as I'm fine and not getting influenced by anyone I should be free to hang out with whoever I want.. and it was one drunken night for my friend! My mom just doesn't get it also coz she's never been drunk when she was young. Ok advice please and thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Hello Ms. Asian..
well, mumma will always be a mumma... There is no point of arguing with her because she is a parent ofcourse.. And you are 21, still young.. :P But on a serious note.. Give some time to your mum.. Than explain your point to her.. She will understand.. Admit it that it was your mistake and from next time you will take care of the time,., she will forgive you... :smile:
Lol, glanced at the title and read "Friend got wasted and my mom pissed on me!"

That would've been an interesting post.
Reply 3
Why are you spelling mum as mom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Which country is this in?
Reply 5
Original post by ElChapo
Why are you spelling mum as mom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad that's your takeaway from my post lol. I'm not British and went to an international school with students from all over the world so I speak a mixture of British/American. I hope that's ok with you?
Reply 6
Original post by Shruti21
Hello Ms. Asian..
well, mumma will always be a mumma... There is no point of arguing with her because she is a parent ofcourse.. And you are 21, still young.. :P But on a serious note.. Give some time to your mum.. Than explain your point to her.. She will understand.. Admit it that it was your mistake and from next time you will take care of the time,., she will forgive you... :smile:

Lol thank you, yeah she's a lot better now and I apologised again too. And she didn't mean the thing about me never seeing my friend again so all is well.. sort of. Guess I'll just have to deal with being asked a bunch of questions about where I'm going, who I'm going with, what time I'll be back etc. until I go back to uni.
Reply 7
Original post by Clip
Which country is this in?

I don't want to say in case someone I know is on here, but it's not in the UK or in Europe at all. Big city though.
Reply 8
Original post by tamara10111
I'm glad that's your takeaway from my post lol. I'm not British and went to an international school with students from all over the world so I speak a mixture of British/American. I hope that's ok with you?

I wasn't actually going to read all that text was I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending